For pineapple lovers! This Pineapple Crisp is loaded with fresh pineapple chunks, topped with a brown sugar streusel, and baked until golden! SO good with vanilla ice cream! Easily gluten free dessert.
Now be honest. You knew this was going to happen.
But you already knew that.
I’m not actually sure where I got this idea, but I’m so glad I did! I’d seen some recipes for warm pineapple sundaes and grilled pineapple and I had never actually had warm pineapple in any kind of dessert. But people raved about it, and so I thought, “what better than warm pineapple with crunchy brown sugar streusel and melty vanilla ice cream?!”
The answer? Not too much.
I have a big thing for crisps of all kind. This Berry Cherry Crisp from last summer and if you know me at all, you know I’ve Apple Crisped pretty much everything: pancakes, cookies, cinnamon buns, doughnuts, french toast, smoothies, and the list goes on.
- This an easily gluten free dessert if you use certified gluten free oats. Be sure to double check if you’re cooking for people with allergies.
- I made this recipe twice, once with half the streusel, and once as the recipe now is. If you’re looking to cut out some calories/sugar/etc, you could easily halve the streusel recipe and you wouldn’t lose out on too much. Me? I like a lot of streusel.
See how easy it is to make and subscribe on YouTube!
For pineapple lovers! This Pineapple Crisp is loaded with fresh pineapple chunks, topped with a brown sugar streusel, and baked until golden! SO good with vanilla ice cream! Easily gluten free.
- 4 cups chopped fresh pineapple (about one average pineapple)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup large oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (for Gluten-Free: gluten-free all purpose flour or ground gluten-free oats)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine pineapple, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and corn starch. Place pineapple in an 8x8" baking pan, or in individual baking dishes as pictured if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, ½ cup brown sugar, oats and flour until combined. The texture will be that of a cookie dough -- easily pressed and held together. Crumble topping over the pineapple in baking dish and press down gently.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly around the edges and golden brown on top. Serve as desired with vanilla ice cream!