These Baked Pork Chops are a fool-proof method for perfect pork chops every time! This recipe is made with boneless pork chops and a simple, sweet, and spicy homemade spice rub. Ready in just 20 minutes!
Table of Contents
You guys. I’m not even exaggerating when I say that these may just be the best pork chops I’ve ever had.
And this recipe sure is hard to beat! It results in incredibly tender, juicy, and flavorful pork that makes the perfect easy weeknight dinner. Who knew that perfect pork chops could be so easy and so juicy?!
We love to serve these pork chops with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans, and a side of Mom’s Homemade Buns for soaking up all those delicious juices! Or see 25 of my favorite sides for pork chops here.
- Pork Chops: I use boneless pork chops for this recipe. I recommend pork chops that are about 1″ thick. If you use pork chops of different thicknesses, keep in mind that the cook time will change.
- Spice Rub: we’re making a sweet and spicy homemade spice rub out of brown sugar, seasoning salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, ground mustard, black pepper, and paprika. This rub is great on pork or chicken!
- Oil: adds moisture and helps the seasonings stick to the pork.
How to Cook Pork Chops in the Oven
These oven-baked pork chops come together in just 20 minutes!
- Make the spice rub: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, seasoning salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, ground mustard, pepper, and paprika.
- Season the pork: Rub the pork chops with oil all over, then coat them in the seasonings.
- Bake: Place the seasoned pork into a greased 9×13″ baking dish, then bake until golden and juicy! Be sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that you chops do not overbake — overcooked pork chops are not appetizing.
FAQs for Oven-Baked Pork Chops
The 1″-thick, boneless pork chops take just 13-15 minutes to cook all the way through in the oven. So simple and so quick! Be sure to check the internal temperature so you know they are done cooking. All ovens cook differently!
Cook your pork chops until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. This is more important than cook time — different cuts and different ovens will cook differently, so invest in a meat thermometer and use it!
Uncovered! Since the pork chops cook super quickly, they aren’t super likely to dry out in the oven. Plus, the exposure to the heat allows the tops of the pork chops to get nice and crispy!
Leftover pork chops will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. To reheat, thaw in the fridge if frozen, then warm in the oven until heated through.
Tips for making Baked Pork Chops
- Use a 9×13″ baking dish. This is the perfect size for the four pork chops we’re using in this recipe. The key is to have a baking dish that doesn’t leave a lot of extra room around the edges so the juices don’t burn on the bottom of the pan. If you notice they are burning, just add a small splash of water to the pan.
- Check the temp. The internal temperature of pork should be 145ºF. Once it reaches that, take the pork chops out right away so as not to overcook them!
- Let it rest. After the meat is done cooking, let the pork chops rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This gives the flavor and moisture time to settle back into the meat.
These baked pork chops are perfect next to any of your favorite classic side dishes!
More Easy Pork Recipes
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Baked Pork Chops
- 4 thick cut boneless pork chops (about 1" thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×13" baking dish — you want a baking dish that won't have a lot of extra room around the edges so that the juices don't burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Combine brown sugar, seasoning salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, mustard, pepper and paprika in a small bowl.
- Rub pork chops with oil and then coat well in seasoning on all sides.
- Place in prepared pan and bake for 13-15 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F (the internal temperature is more important than the time! Different ovens and different thicknesses will cook at different rates). They should be light golden and look very juicy!
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel