Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Dip is a delicious no-bake dessert accompaniment that takes just 10 minutes to whip up! Made with white chocolate, cream cheese, and heavy whipping cream plus loads of chocolate chunks and crushed candy canes, it’s the perfect Christmas dessert!
Table of Contents
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Dip is a perfect dessert dip for the holiday season.
This easy recipe combines the bold peppermint flavor with the creaminess of cheesecake and promises to be a hit at your next holiday party!
It’s similar to my No Bake Peppermint Bark Cheesecake in dip form, and that’s one of our favorite holiday desserts. It’s a hit wherever we take it!
This dip is a little quicker to throw together, so it’s perfect for last minute guests or a Christmas potluck during a busy week.
For more amazing peppermint treats that will WOW at your next holiday party, check out my Peppermint Mocha recipe, Chocolate Peppermint Icebox Cookies, Layered Double Chocolate Peppermint Cake, and these No Bake White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Truffles.
- Chocolate: use white chocolate chips or a chopped white chocolate baking bar — this flavors our dip and thickens it as well.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: heavy cream gives the dip its smooth and velvety texture. Full-fat coconut milk can be a dairy-free alternative, although the taste and texture will be different.
- Cream Cheese: full-fat cream cheese is best for that classic cheesecake taste and texture. You can use a lower-fat cream cheese if you prefer, but the result will be slightly thinner.
- Powdered Sugar: to add sweetness and help achieve a smooth texture to the dip.
- Vanilla Extract: enhances the overall flavor of the dip.
- Mint Extract: to give your dip that bold peppermint flavor that’s central to the dish. You can use less or more according to your tastes.
- White Chocolate: These little bits add texture and a burst of white chocolate flavor to every bite.
- Finely Chopped Dark or Milk Chocolate: offers texture and flavor, just like chopped peppermint bark!
- Peppermint Candy Canes: They give the dip its characteristic peppermint crunch and flavor. If candy canes aren’t available, peppermint candies can be used as an alternative.
How to Make Easy Peppermint Bark Dip
This recipe is quick and easy to make, so whip up a batch to elevate your holiday dessert table! Full instructions are included in the recipe card below.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar: Beat the cream cheese, then mix in the powdered sugar until combined.
- Add chocolate and extracts: Mix in the melted chocolate, vanilla extract, and mint extract and beat until combined.
- Add whipping cream: Beat in the whipping cream until it’s thick and fluffy. Adjust the flavors, if desired.
- Add chocolate and candy canes: Stir in chopped white chocolate, chopped dark chocolate, and crushed candy canes, then chill until ready to serve.
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Dip FAQs
You can easily double or even triple the recipe for larger crowds, making it perfect for large family gatherings! Just be sure to adjust the ingredients proportionately and taste-test the dip before serving.
Certainly! Making the dip a day in advance allows the flavors to meld, enhancing the taste even further. I recommend stirring in the chopped chocolate and candy canes just before serving so they retain their texture.
Place your candy canes or peppermint candies in a Ziploc bag or in between layers of plastic wrap, then gently pound them with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin. The back of a spoon works well too. You can use a food processor for a finer-sized crush if you prefer.
Store your chocolate candy cane dip in an airtight container, or tightly covered in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for 2–3 days. Allow it to cool to room temperature before putting it in the fridge. Stir it well before serving it again.
While you technically can freeze the dip, the texture might change slightly upon thawing it. It’s best enjoyed fresh or refrigerated. As it only takes 10 minutes to whip up, it’s best enjoyed fresh!
Tips and Notes
- High quality ingredients. One of the best ways to ensure the best flavor here is to opt for high-quality ingredients. Use your favorite kind of chocolate, candy canes, and full-fat creams for a full texture and flavor.
- Room temperature ingredients. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before you begin, to allow the ingredients to more easily whip together.
- Serving the dip. It’s worth noting that dairy-based dips like this one shouldn’t be left out at room temperature for extended periods of time. If you’re serving it for your holiday parties, you can place the serving bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice to keep it cool on the dessert table. Alternatively, serve a smaller bowl of the dip and refresh it as needed from the refrigerated supply.
Chocolate Candy Cane Cheesecake Dip Variations
- Use other kinds of chocolate. Try using semi-sweet chocolate instead of white chocolate, or use some milk chocolate if you prefer it. The dip will be less sweet overall, so add in some sweetness to balance that out. You can also add a tablespoon of cocoa to the dip for a chocolatey version.
- Try other garnishes. Garnish your dip with your favorite kind of mini chocolate chips, chocolate curls, or festive sprinkles.
Serve this dip with your favorite Christmas cookies on your holiday dessert table for extra festive sweetness. Check out my 31 Best Christmas Cookie Recipes for some yummy inspiration!
Alternatively, serve the dip with some dipping snacks like Graham crackers, Oreos, vanilla wafers, or salted pretzels.
More Easy Sweet Dip Recipes to Try
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Dip
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (85g)* or chopped white chocolate baking bar
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese (room temperature) 1 package or 250 grams
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- ¼ cup finely chopped white chocolate
- ¼ cup finely chopped dark or milk chocolate
- 4 peppermint candy canes (crushed)
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the white chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon cream on 50% heat in 30-second intervals, stirring between each time, until melted. Set aside and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Add melted chocolate, vanilla, and mint extract and beat until combined. For best results, chill for 20 minutes in the fridge or 10 minutes in the freezer before continuing.
- Add whipping cream and beat on low until combined, then on high speed until thick and fluffy. Taste and adjust the sweetness and mint flavor to your preferences, if desired.
- Stir in chopped white chocolate, chopped dark chocolate, and crushed candy canes. Chill until ready to serve (I recommend chilling for at least one hour, but this isn’t necessary).
- Serve with Graham crackers, cookies, or pretzels as desired.
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- *White chocolate: I use Hershey’s Chipits but white chocolate baking bars or candy melts will also work great. The brand of chocolate used can affect the way it melts so I recommend choosing something you have had success with before or that is made to be melted. I do find that the microwave works better for me than on the stovetop.
- Cream cheese: I use full-fat cream cheese as it stays nice and thick, but you can easily swap it for light cream cheese if you prefer.
- Powdered sugar: I prefer using powdered sugar so that my dip isn’t grainy, but you can also use granulated sugar or a sweetener of your choice. You can taste and adjust sweetness to your preferences before serving.
- Candy canes: candy canes add a festive crunch and flavor, but in a pinch, you can use any hard mint candies.
- Store: Store your chocolate candy cane dip in an airtight container, or tightly covered in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for 2–3 days. Allow it to cool to room temperature before putting it in the fridge. Stir it well before serving it again.
- Freeze: While you technically can freeze the dip, the texture might change slightly upon thawing it. It’s best enjoyed fresh or refrigerated. As it only takes 10 minutes to whip up, it’s best enjoyed fresh!
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel