This easy Caramel Apple Dip recipe is the perfect dessert dip for fall, made with cream cheese and heavy whipping cream, with vanilla and caramel flavors, a crunchy caramel topping, and flaky sea salt! It’s a crowd pleaser paired with crunchy apple slices.
If you love all things toffee and caramel, try these Toffee Shortbread Cookies, this Millionaire Shortbread recipe or this Caramel Popcorn next! And if you’re looking for more dessert dips, try this Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Dip or this Cannoli Dip!
Table of Contents
This delicious Caramel Apple Dip is way better than any you’ll get from grocery stores.
Made with simple ingredients, it’s easily customizable, and only takes 5 minutes to make!
We love sweet treats, and the caramel apple flavor combination is a classic one we’ll never tire of. It’s a great alternative to caramel apples for a crowd in the Fall (no sticky teeth!), and it’s always a huge hit.
This homemade Caramel Apple Dip can be used for fruit, cookies, graham crackers or pretzels.
I’ve already shared with you my Caramallow Fruit Dip, which is a 3-ingredient caramel marshmallow dip.
This cream cheese caramel apple dip, however, is super creamy, and has a delicious balance of sweet and salty flavors too.
- Cream Cheese: for the base of the creamy dip.
- Powdered Sugar: to sweeten the dip and add a bit of substance.
- Vanilla Extract: adds a subtle, sweet, warm flavor to the dip.
- Cream: heavy whipping cream will give this creamy caramel dip the right consistency.
- Caramel Sauce: use your favorite kind of store-bought caramel sauce (the thicker the better!), or you can make your own thick caramel sauce with my Dulche de Leche recipe.
- Candy: I’ve used Hershey’s Skor Bar crisp butter toffee bits for this recipe, but any kind of crisp toffee bits will work.
- Salt: flaked sea salt adds extra flavor and crunch to this dessert dip.
How to Make Caramel Apple Dip
This recipe is quick and easy to make! Full instructions are included in the recipe card below.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary
- Add cream: Add the heavy cream and beat until thick and fluffy.
- Make cream cheese mixture layer: Spread the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add caramel and toppings: Pour the caramel sauce evenly over the top. Sprinkle with toffee bits and flaky sea salt, and serve or chill.
Caramel Apple Dip FAQs
If you are not serving immediately, leave the toffee bits off until just before serving so they stay crunchy. This Caramel Apple Dip will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 5-7 days, when covered with plastic wrap or foil, or stored in an airtight container.
Yes definitely! I recommend freezing without the toffee bits as they can soften as they sit on the sauce. Cover tightly and freeze up to 3 months, then thaw overnight in the fridge, garnish and serve.
Tips and Notes
- Apple slices. Cut fresh apple slices just before serving or rinse them under cold water to keep them from going brown when serving.
- Serving dish. The larger your serving dish, the shallower the dip will be. You can make this dip into several ramekins rather than a larger dish for individual servings as well.
- Mixer. I’d recommend using a stand mixer or hand mixer to whip the ingredients so they are perfectly smooth.
Caramel Apple Dip Variations
- Add apple flavor. You can add apple flavor to the dip by topping with some some apple pie filling along with the caramel.
- Topping. Top this dip with any kind of caramel candies or crushed cookies like Biscoff or Oreo for a different flavor and texture. You can add chocolate chips or peanut butter chips to the top as well for an added chocolatey flavor. Chocolate curls on top would work well too.
- Extract. Use almond extract or caramel extract in the dip for a different flavor.
Serve this caramel apple dip with fresh apple slices, and other fruit like strawberries or grapes.
Use this dip in a Dessert Charcuterie Board, serving it with wafers, Graham Crackers, cookies, and chocolate!
More Delicious Dip Recipes For You To Try
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Caramel Apple Dip
- 1 package cream cheese (8oz or 250 grams), room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup caramel sauce (more to taste if needed)
- ¼ cup Skor or Heath toffee bits
- ½ teaspoon flaked sea salt (optional)
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary
- Add cream and beat on low until combined, then on high speed until thick and fluffy (this can take a few minutes). Spread into the bottom of a 3–4 cup baking dish (you can also spread it right on a serving platter).
- Pour caramel sauce over top and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits and flaky sea salt, if using. If not serving immediately, chill until ready to serve (chilling will help the caramel firm up, but it’s not necessary).
- Serve with sliced apples.
- Cream cheese: any kind of cream cheese will work here, even light or non-dairy.
- Cream: the cream isn’t necessary but I like how it lightens the dip and makes it fluffy. If you do not wish to use it, omit but do not substitute it with light cream or milk. I haven’t tried this with Cool Whip, but let me know if you do!
- Powdered sugar: helps to thicken and stabilize the dip, but you can swap for granulated sugar if you prefer, although it may be grainy.
- Caramel sauce: choose a thick, good-quality caramel sauce for this recipe so that the dip stays in nice, clean layers.
- Sea salt: optional but I love the sweet and salty combo!
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel