An easy, fun, no bake Christmas dessert — these White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Truffles are only 4 ingredients and are perfect for those holiday baking trays!
So even though I asked my Facebook group about whether they’d like to see a Turtle, Chocolate Mint, or White Chocolate Peppermint dessert up here for the holidays, and the answer was a resounding, “TURTLE!”, I’m here with a White Chocolate Peppermint recipe anyway.
This was my first ever batch of Oreo truffles. I think I’ve only actually eaten one in my life! I mean, until this batch. Because Oreos. And truffles. And white chocolate peppermint! It’s the perfect easy, no fuss Christmas treat you need right now 🙂
It’s not like I don’t have some Turtle flavored goodies coming for you, so now I’m here with one of my favorite holiday combos: mint and chocolate (any kind of chocolate!).
I have to say though, I think my body is happy January is coming.
In November and December, all I want to do is bake. I can’t get enough cookies, candies, bars, desserts…. all of it. But I will definitely be bringing you some healthier recipes come January!
How about you guys? Do you go overboard in the baking department once fall hits? Do you turn over a new leaf for New Years?
*One thing to note with these is that they’re probably not going to be perfectly round. Your chocolate is going to drip a little, your balls may not be perfectly round, and your chocolate may not cover completely — that’s okay! That taste incredible, and that’s what counts.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
No Bake White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- 300 grams package Golden Oreos 27 regular sized
- 2 peppermint candy canes
- 4 oz 1/2 package cream cheese
- 226 grams good white chocolate about 1.5 cups, just enough to coat your truffles
- Garnish: 3 crushed peppermint candy canes
- In a food processor, process Oreos and candy canes until fine crumbs. Add the cream cheese and process until the dough comes together (it will form a large ball).
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap or foil. Roll Oreo mixture into balls and place on the baking sheet. Freeze at least 2 hours or until solid.
- In a double boiler (a small pot with a glass bowl sitting on top will work just fine, as long as it is far off the bottom of the pot), melt the chocolate: add 1 inch of water in the bottom and bring to a simmer. Place bowl on top and add the chocolate to the bowl. Simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, until white chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip Oreo balls in white chocolate, sprinkle with crushed candy canes and set back on baking sheet to set up. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve, or freeze for up to 6 months. (Truffles will be fine out at room temperature for quite some time, but for longer storage I would store in the refrigerator)
* Do not add anything to the chocolate while melting it! If you do, it will not firm up and coat the balls. Chocolate melting wafers would also work well.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel