This No Bake Peppermint Bark Cheesecake is the perfect Christmas dessert. It’s rich, creamy, loaded with white chocolate, peppermint bark and topped with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
Table of Contents
There’s nothing I love more than having dessert already prepped and ready to go before a holiday party. And this No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake is the perfect way to do that!
It’s also seriously delicious, rich and creamy — with little bits of crunch from the chopped peppermint bark.
This recipe takes just 20 minutes to prep and is the perfect make-ahead dessert since it needs 8 hours to chill in the fridge. It’s so light and fluffy and has just the right amount of peppermint flavor.
- Crust: our two-ingredient crust is made up of melted butter and crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
- White Chocolate Chips: melted with heavy whipping cream to create the base for the cheesecake filling.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: make sure you use heavy whipping cream, not a lighter cream, for the creamiest texture.
- Cream Cheese: get full-fat cream cheese blocks for the perfect cheesecake texture.
- Powdered Sugar: sweetens and stabilizes the filling.
- Vanilla: adds flavor depth.
- Mint Extract: gives the cheesecake its peppermint flavor.
- Peppermint Bark: we’re using crushed peppermint bark in the filling to add texture and extra peppermint flavor.
- Garnishes: heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, crushed candy canes
How to Make No Bake Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
This delicious no-bake dessert takes a quick 20 minutes to prep! You can find the detailed recipe down in the recipe card.
- Make the crust: Combine crushed cookies and melted butter, then press into a springform pan.
- Make the filling: Melt your chocolate first so it can cool, then combine cream cheese with other filling ingredients. Add in melted, cooled chocolate.
- Chop the peppermint bark and mix that into the filling.
- Assemble and chill: Spread the filling into the crust, then chill in the fridge until firm. Garnish and serve!
No Bake Cheesecake FAQs
If your cheesecake isn’t firm yet, then it likely hasn’t chilled long enough. Plan for a minimum of 8 hours to give it time to set up completely.
To make a clean cut, run a sharp knife under hot water to warm it. Dry it with a towel, then slice into your cheesecake. Repeat this between slices and you’ll have a mess-free cut every time!
Homemade No-Bake Cheesecake will last for up to 1 week in the fridge, provided that your ingredients were fresh when you used them.
Yes! Cheesecake will get soft if it’s stored on the counter and it won’t last nearly as long. Definitely keep it in the fridge!
Totally! Just make sure you freeze it without the whipped cream on top. To freeze your cheesecake, let it chill completely in the fridge. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil, then store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can unwrap and thaw in the refrigerator overnight to serve, or enjoy partially frozen! Just let sit at room temperature for a couple of hours before serving.
Tips and Notes
- Use a springform pan. A springform pan is the key to removing the cheesecake without damaging it. I like to pinch a piece of parchment between the bottom and the sides so I can easily lift the cheesecake out after.
- Use full-fat cream cheese blocks. Other varieties of cream cheese won’t yield nearly the same creamy texture.
- Chill fully. The cheesecake needs a minimum of 8 hours in the fridge to set up properly. Give it time!
- No Oreos? Swap them out for 2 ½ cups crushed chocolate cookies and ½ cup melted butter.
More No-Bake Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
No Bake Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
- ½ cup melted butter
- 300 grams chocolate sandwich cookies (about 25 cookies)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (170g)* (or chopped white chocolate baking bar)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 24 oz full fat cream cheese (room temperature) 3 packages or 750 grams
- 1-1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- ½ recipe peppermint bark (prepared)* (about 300 grams or 1¼ cups chopped)
- 2 peppermint candy canes optional
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- crushed candy canes for garnish
- In a medium bowl, stir together white chocolate and 2 tablespoons cream. Microwave on high for 40 seconds, then stir until completely smooth (heat another 15 seconds if necessary). Place in the fridge just to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Combine melted butter and cookies in a food processor and process until smooth and a ball forms (Alternately, you could crush the cookies finely and stir together with melted butter)
- Press into a 9″ Springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar, vanilla, mint extract and beat on high until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooled melted white chocolate and beat on medium speed until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat remaining 1 cup cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cheesecake mixture. Crush candy canes and stir in if using. Taste and remaining ¼ cup sugar if desired.
- Take half of the peppermint bark (¼ of the full recipe) and chop into small chunks. Stir into cheesecake mixture.
- Spread cheesecake filling into the prepared crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate at least 8 hours (overnight is even better) until chilled and firm.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Swirl around the edge of the cheesecake and garnish with the remaining peppermint bark and some crushed candy canes as desired.
- Slice and serve.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel