This No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake is perfectly smooth and creamy, and so easy! It is the ultimate dessert for peanut butter and chocolate lovers! Includes step by step recipe video
Table of Contents
Peanut butter and chocolate is a favorite dessert combo around here, and this No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake is one seriously decadent way to enjoy them together!
With a chocolate oreo crust, chopped peanut butter cups, a rich and creamy chocolate peanut butter filling, and topped with whipped cream and more peanut butter cups, it’s a decadent treat for the peanut butter lovers in your lives!
It’s true that I’m not all that picky when it comes to cheesecake, but the light and fluffy texture you get from a no bake cheesecake will always be one of my favorite things.
Want to really impress your friends? Opt for this No Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake — it’s a stunner!
How to make No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake:
Here are a few step by step photos to show you how the process goes! There is also a full step by step video down in the recipe card.
- Make your crust — I recommend using a food processor for the oreos because it’s the best way to get them really fine! Line a springform pan with parchment paper (optional) and press it into the bottom.
- Top your crust with chopped peanut butter cups.
- Microwave your chocolate with the oil until melted and smooth, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix up your filling — be sure to beat the cream cheese by itself first to ensure it is super smooth!
- Spread your filling into the crust and let it chill for a long time. Then top as desired!
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- Oreo cookies: any store brand of chocolate sandwich cookies will work just fine, but you will want the cookies with the frosting in them as it helps to “glue” your crust together.
- Peanut Butter: I have only tested this recipe with regular smooth peanut butter, not natural. Natural peanut butter tends to be runnier and more oily so I don’t recommend it here.
- Chopped chocolate: I prefer to use dark chocolate because it’s less sweet, but any chocolate will do. Don’t skip the chocolate because it does help to firm up the cheesecake as it cools.
- Cream cheese: Full fat cream cheese is recommended for a sturdier cheesecake, since low fat cream cheese has a higher percentage of water in it. Lactose free cream cheese may be substituted.
- Heavy whipping cream: Your cream should be at least 30% fat — heavy cream or whipping cream. A lower fat cream will not whip and we want our cheesecake to slice perfectly.
Tips for making Perfect No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Plan ahead: this is the most important thing! If you can make your cheesecake the day before you want to serve it, that’s the best way to ensure it will slice perfectly. A minimum of 6-8 hours is needed so that it is well-chilled, but overnight is better.
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature — to get a perfectly smooth and creamy cheesecake!
- For easy removal, line the bottom of your springform pan with a piece of parchment paper (pinching it in the edges). Then simply run a knife carefully around the edge, pop off the sides, and slide it out onto a plate!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- 300 grams Oreo sandwich cookies with filling, about 25
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 12-14 full sized Reese’s peanut butter cups chopped
- ½ cup chopped chocolate about 75 grams
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 packages cream cheese 750 grams, room temperature
- 1-1½ cups powdered icing sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered icing sugar
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups chopped
- 7 Reese’s peanut butter cup thins halved
- In a food processor, combine cookies, peanut butter and butter and process until crushed and combined.
- (Optional: line a Springform pan with parchment paper for easy removal) Press into the bottom of a 9" Springform pan and top with a layer of chopped peanut butter cups and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped chocolate and oil. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add icing sugar and peanut butter and beat on medium speed until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add in the melted chocolate and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture gently, being careful not to deflate the cream.
- Spread cheesecake mixture into the crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, beat 1 cup whipping cream and 3 tablespoons icing sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over the top of the cheesecake or pipe into swirls.
- Decorate with crushed peanut butter cups and peanut butter cup halves as shown or as desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel