This No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is smooth, creamy and comes together with just a few ingredients! Top it with caramel sauce, extra chocolate or fresh fruit and berries.
Table of Contents
If you know me, you know I love cheesecake.
But summer is here, and I’m turning more and more to my favorite no bake desserts.
This No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is perfectly rich and creamy, but it also holds up beautifully when sliced because of the melted and chilled chocolate in the base.
It’s also easy to make with milk chocolate or white chocolate if you prefer!
This Chocolate Cheesecake is rounding out my cheesecake collection nicely, filling in the gaps between this No Bake Lemon Cheesecake, No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake and No Bake S’mores Cheesecake so you’ve got lots of options for summer!
And however you choose to top it, it’s going to be a show stopper.
- Melted butter: acts as our glue for the crust! I use unsalted but salted will work as well, you just might want to add a tablespoon of sugar to offset the additional salt.
- Oreo cookies: we’re using the whole cookie, frosting and all.
- Chocolate: any kind of chocolate will work — just choose a solid chocolate bar, something that will melt smoothly and set up firmly.
- Cream: heavy whipping cream is needed here, at least 30-35% fat.
- Cream cheese: full fat cream cheese is best because it contains less water, meaning a firmer cheesecake. You can use light cream cheese for a softer cheesecake.
- Powdered sugar: powdered sugar sweetens and thickens the cheesecake. Using powdered sugar also means that our filling is perfectly smooth.
How to make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake:
Tips for making this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake:
- I used to add my cream to the cheesecake filling and beat it all together. This worked great for me, to be honest, but I know it can be hard to tell when you’re done whipping and was not as foolproof. If you’ve made the recipe that way before and it worked well for you, you can continue to do that. If not, try my new method! I guarantee you you won’t regret it 😉
- You need to give it time to chill. A significant amount of time. If you’re serving this with dinner, you might want to prepare it in the morning so it can chill all day. You can also make it the day ahead and let it chill for up to 24 hours. You don’t want to let it sit much more than 24 hours because the crust can start to get a little soggy.
- Use a chocolate you enjoy eating. If that’s dark chocolate, use dark. If it’s milk chocolate, use that. You can even get crazy and use white chocolate! The choice is yours.
Variations on this Chocolate Cheesecake:
- Turtle: top with caramel sauce, toasted pecans and chocolate shavings
- Black forest: top with cherry pie filling and whipped cream
- Fresh fruit: load it up with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and more
- Triple chocolate: serve it with a chocolate whipped cream and chocolate sauce or shavings
What if I’m looking for a baked Chocolate Cheesecake?
You can find my recipe for the best Chocolate Cheesecake here — it is smooth and silky and not dense and heavy like a lot of baked cheesecakes!
Craving more cheesecake recipes?
Find my list of favorite No Bake Cheesecake recipes here — so many to explore and indulge in!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- ½ cup melted butter
- 300 grams Oreo cookies with filling (1 regular pack, 25 cookies)
- 200 grams good quality chocolate (or about 1 ¼ cups chocolate chips)
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream divided, cold
- 750 grams cream cheese (24 oz or 3 packages), room temperature
- 255 grams powdered sugar (2 cups)
- In a food processor, process the butter and cookies until cookies are fine crumbs and the mixture starts to stick together.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in between the bottom and the rim of a 9″ springform pan (optional — just helps to remove the cheesecake later).
- Press the crust mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan and about ½" up the sides. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate and ½ cup cream. Microwave in 20-30 second intervals on high, stirring well each time, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and melted chocolate, and beat on low speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula or an electric mixer on low.
- Spread into the prepared crust, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Slice and serve with whipped cream or as desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel