These Bacon Wrapped Smokies are the perfect appetizer! They’re made with just 4 ingredients, take just 10 minutes to prep, and are a total crowd-pleaser at any party.
Table of Contents
Pigs in a Blanket might be one of my all time favorite appetizers. Kids love it, adults love it…you just can’t go wrong.
A new favorite? Bacon Wrapped Smokies!
They’re like mini pigs in a blanket, but instead of crescent rolls, they’re wrapped in bacon. That smoky, salty crunch paired with the flavor of the little smokies is heightened by the addition of brown sugar and just a little chili powder.
This easy finger-food is perfect for a party and takes just 10 quick minutes to prep!
- Bacon: you’ll need 15-16 slices of thin-cut bacon. I don’t like to use thick cut bacon here because it can take a long time to crisp up.
- Little Smokies: cocktail wieners or little smokies.
- Brown Sugar: caramelizes on the outside of the bacon, which is absolutely delicious.
- Chili Powder (optional): I love to add a little chili powder in with the brown sugar for a little kick of heat.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Prep the bacon: Remove the bacon from the packaging and cut it into thirds.
- Wrap the smokies: Wrap one piece of bacon around each smokie, then secure with a toothpick. Place onto a lined sheet pan.
- Season: Mix together brown sugar and chili powder, then sprinkle that evenly over the smokies.
- Bake: Bake at 350ºF until the bacon is crispy.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies FAQs
As long as it takes for the bacon to get crispy. For me, this usually takes 35-45 minutes at 350ºF. I recommend checking them at 35 minutes, then adding time as needed.
These Bacon Wrapped Smokies are definitely best right away. However, leftovers will last in the fridge for up to 3 days or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Totally! To reheat your smokies, just pop that back into the oven or air fryer and cook them for 10-15 minutes (5 minutes in the air fryer) or until they’re hot and the bacon is re-crisped.
Tips and Notes
- Use thin-cut bacon. Thick-cut bacon won’t crisp as easily.
- Preheat the oven. We want the oven to be nice and hot when we put the smokies in so the bacon can start crisping right away. Soggy bacon is not the way to go.
- Line the pan. I use foil or parchment paper to line the baking sheet before adding on the smokies. This helps prevent them from sticking and the bacon from burning.
- Secure with a toothpick. We don’t want the bacon unraveling as the smokies bake.
These Bacon Wrapped Smokies are the perfect finger food for a party! Serve them with your favorite dipping sauces and as part of a larger appetizer spread.
More Easy Appetizers You’ll Love
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- 1 lb bacon (not thick cut – 15-16 slices_
- 1 lb cocktail wieners or little smokies (about 40)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan (10×15") with foil or parchment paper.
- Remove bacon from package and cut into thirds — you want each piece to be 3-4 inches long (you want it to wrap a little more than once around, since the bacon will shrink as it cooks).
- Wrap one piece of bacon around every smokie, secure with a toothpick, and place on the pan. Repeat until all smokies are used (extra bacon? Throw it in the freezer!).
- Combine brown sugar and chili powder if using. Sprinkle evenly over smokies in pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel