These Boneless Chicken Wings are BAKED instead of fried and made with lean chicken breasts for an easy game day party food idea sure to impress!
Table of Contents
I’m all about party food, but if I’m being totally honest, wings aren’t my first choice (though these Crockpot Chicken Wings make them a little more tempting!).
I mean, they’re messy, right?
It’s nearly impossible to get all the meat off the bone and your hands (face, clothes, etc.) get covered in sauce… it’s not my best look.
So while these Boneless Chicken Wings aren’t actually wings (bear with me for a sec), they’re easy to make and really? No one will care about the difference.
They are poppable, less mess, made with baked skinless chicken breasts which cuts down on the fat content (not that a little fat ever hurt anyone!), and you can make them any flavor you want.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love finger foods, whether it’s game day or not!
When I was making this post, I doused this batch in buffalo wing sauce because it seemed like the right thing to do.
But there are lots of other options!
Here are some different flavor ideas to get the wheels turning:
- buffalo sauce (obviously)
- BBQ sauce (my favorite!)
- Honey Garlic sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- really, any sauce you find in your grocery store that you think goes well with chicken 😉
- cut up your chicken and place in a container with the milk for up to 24 hours in advance
- stir together your dredging mixture, cover, and set aside on the counter
- bake your coated chicken, then cool and freeze. Simply heat for 5-8 minutes in a 400 degree oven and toss with sauce to serve
One of the easiest ways to serve these for a party is right out of the crockpot.
To do so, simply bake as called for in the recipe. Then transfer to the slow cooker, coat in sauce, and turn to keep warm for up to 3 or 4 hours.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce or other
- Cut chicken breast into 3/4-1″ cubes. Place in a small bowl and cover with buttermilk. Let soak 5-10 minutes (or as long as overnight).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a heavy baking sheet with parchment paper and place 2 tablespoons butter in the center. Place in the oven while it preheats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Panko, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk and dredge in Panko mixture.
- Remove hot pan from oven and brush melted butter to cover an area of the parchment large enough to fit all of the chicken without it touching.
- Place the chicken pieces on the buttered parchment. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for 5 more minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and toss with sauce in a medium bowl. Serve.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel