These Breakfast Nachos are topped with bacon, breakfast sausage, peppers, scrambled eggs and cheese and are perfect for your next brunch or even game day!
You are welcome.
Sometimes I feel like turning other foods I love into breakfast foods is one of my many talents.
S’mores? Sure! Overnight S’mores French Toast.
Apple Crisp? Apple Crisp French Toast!
Baked Potatoes? How about Loaded Baked Potato Quiche?
And my favorite: Cannoli. Let’s make that Cannoli Crepes!
See, if I can make my favorite foods breakfast foods it gives me just one more reason to indulge in them on a regular basis, am I right? And you still feel like a completely reasonable person!
I was trying to come up with some brunch recipes for Spring since we have Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and it seems like I’m not the only one who loves celebrating around a big breakfast platter.
This is something that the men can get behind, and the women can enjoy equally as much! Right?? If you’re looking for ways to lighten it up, feel free to swap out the sausage for turkey breakfast sausage and the bacon for turkey bacon or ham (which we do often!).
The other thing I LOVE about these nachos is that you can prep everything ahead — because I do not have much time after I get up to get something in my belly!
- Cook all the meat ahead of time, chop it and keep in the fridge.
- Shred the cheese and store in the fridge.
- Cook the scrambled eggs and store in the fridge.
- Chop the veggies and store in the fridge.
So basically, all you have to do that morning is assemble and bake until heated through! Super, super simple.
- ½ (320g) bag tortilla chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 breakfast sausage links, cooked and sliced
- ½ bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, or other additions for serving as desired.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium pan over medium high heat, scramble cook the eggs with the milk and salt, stirring often until cooked through.
- Lay half of the tortilla chips on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with half of the eggs, bacon, sausage and peppers.
- Repeat layers so that everything is used, then bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions and serve as desired.