These easy Roasted Potatoes and Carrots are made with Creamer potatoes, tossed in garlic butter and roasted to perfection – the perfect side dish for any meal! With step by step recipe video down below.
December is here, which for us and I think many of you is always the craziest month of the year!
There are Christmas concerts and programs, family get togethers, Christmas shopping and baking and prep, and add in all of your other daily responsibilities and it can be a little much at times.
I confess that this year we are skipping some of the chaos, and we are leaving on the 13th for a tropical family getaway! I’m honestly not sure if this will make the season less crazy or more, or maybe a bit of both.
When we get back it will be straight into Christmas dinners of all sorts, and easy is going to be the name of the game!
These Roasted Potatoes and Carrots are an easy and delicious side dish that you can serve with just about anything: a Christmas turkey (try my Crockpot Turkey for an easy holiday meal!), ham, a simple roast chicken or a delicious roast beef.
Using Creamer potatoes from The Little Potato Company makes these Roasted Potatoes and Carrots even easier — they require no washing, no peeling, no chopping (though I halve them because I’m usually feeding smaller mouths 😉 ). Simply toss them with your seasoning and your carrots, throw them on a sheet pan and bake.
At this time of year it’s nice to add some color to your meal, and Creamer potatoes come in fun colourful varietals – red, blue, and yellow!
And with everything we’ve got going on this time of year, I need all the help I can get!
If you love the ease of The Little Potato Company’s Creamer potatoes, you might also enjoy these Garlic Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes and Carrots Recipe, Cheesy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes Recipe, or these Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes.
- First, make your garlic butter. We’re using melted butter because it mixes easily, and is perfect for tossing our veggies in! Feel free to make some swaps to incorporate your favorite flavors or add a little more kick. I like to make it in a large bowl so I can add my vegetables right to the same bowl to toss.
- Make sure that your carrots are about the same size as the halved Little potatoes so they will cook in about the same amount of time — You can either slice your carrots lengthwise, or slice them into rounds. I prefer to slice them because they’re easier for the little ones.
- Toss your Creamer potatoes and carrots in all of that flavor, and throw them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. This isn’t totally necessary, but it really makes clean up easy and prevents any sticking.
- Serve! If you prefer, you can save a little garlic butter to toss with your vegetables again just before serving. And yes, Little potatoes are a vegetable (bonus: these Little ones are a good source of potassium, and essential nutrients)
- Make them dairy-free: opt for vegan margarine when preparing your garlic butter, or use oil instead.
- Make them gluten-free: these Roasted Potatoes and Carrots are naturally gluten-free — like all Creamer potatoes — but it’s always a good idea to check all of your labels before someone with allergies or Celiac disease.
- Spice it up! Feel free to adjust the seasonings as you like, just be careful not to go too crazy! Add a pinch of cayenne if you like things spicy, or reduce the salt if you are watching your sodium intake.
- Cheese it up! Add a good sprinkling of finely shredded Parmesan cheese before baking for a rich, cheesy flavor.
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe — the perfect combo for Sunday dinner!
- Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe — skip the veggies in the pressure cooker and serve these Roasted Potatoes and Carrots instead!
- Crockpot Turkey Breast — great for a small gathering.
- Easy Roasted Pork Tenderloin — you can throw this pork tenderloin right on the same pan for an easy sheet pan meal.
This post is generously sponsored by The Little Potato Company and I was compensated for my time in creating this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Recipe Rebel possible!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 1.5 lb Creamer potatoes any varietal by The Little Potato Company
- 4 large carrots peeled, sliced diagonally, 1cm thick
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh parsley for garnishing as desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Halve the Creamer potatoes and place in a large bowl with sliced carrots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, garlic, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper.
- Spoon butter over potatoes and carrots in bowl, reserving some for serving later if desired.
- Stir vegetables to coat, then spread in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until desired tenderness is reached. The exact cook time will depend on how thick your carrots are sliced, so you may want to check at 30 minutes and then adjust if necessary.
- Brush with reserved garlic butter before serving if desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel