This Snickers Cheese Ball is an easy appetizer, snack or dessert — filled with cream cheese, peanut butter, caramel and chocolate it is the BEST with apple slices! Perfect for potlucks.
Recipe appeared first on The Recipe Critic.
Friends — this is the first cheese ball recipe here on The Recipe Rebel! Can you believe it?
I feel like every other week I’m saying that about something. It’s a little crazy to me — I feel like after more than two and a half years of blogging and 400+ recipe posts (yes, for real!), I should have nearly one of everything by now.
The thing is, I have so much more to share! I hope you’re not sick of me yet, because I’m just not done.
So this cheese ball.
We already know that Snickers and apples is an awesome combination (Snickers Apple Icebox Cake anyone?)
I love the idea of cheese balls around the holidays because they’re SO easy to make, you can make them well in advance, you can freeze them, you can make a few smaller ones, or one big one, and you can customize them almost anyway you want.
They are perfect for a casual gathering, or a potluck of little bites. You can scoop it up with apple slices, other fruit, graham crackers, or spoon it straight into your mouth (really, you could press it into a graham crack crust and have a cheesecake!).
Snickers Cheese Ball
- 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cream
- 16 oz cream cheese 2 packages
- 1/2 cup powdered icing sugar
- 1/2 cup thick caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, chocolate chips and cream. Microwave on high in 20-30 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth (should take 45-50 seconds).
- Add cream cheese and beat until smooth and combined.
- Add sugar and caramel sauce and beat until combined.
- Stir in ½ cup peanuts and ¼ cup mini chocolate chips. Wrap in plastic wrap and press into a ball (to the best of your ability!). Refrigerate until set (to make ahead, wrap well and freeze at this point up to 3 months).
- Combine remaining ½ cup peanuts and ½ cup mini chocolate chips in a shallow bowl. Roll cheese ball in peanut mixture, pressing into an even circle as you do so. Place on a large plate with apple slices and graham crackers and serve.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)