This Snickers Apple Icebox Cake is an easy, no bake dessert based off the popular Snickers Apple Salad! Layers of peanut butter cheesecake, graham crackers, caramel sauce and apples all topped with Snickers!
I know what you’re thinking and the answer is YES. This is real life.
If you guys only knew how much I enjoy coming up with ridiculous no bake desserts or frozen ice cream treats come Spring…. SERIOUSLY.
And don’t you worry — I have just as many incredibly delicious things lined up for you this summer. Because what is summer for if not for meals made entirely of frozen treats and days spent in the sprinkler?!?
I have been dreaming up some new versions of Icebox Cakes for a while now, and I knew this one had to happen. Everyone LOVES that Snickers Apple Salad, right? Well, this is basically that, but in cake form and with softened apples.
I was really debating using raw or cooked apples, and in the end I went with cooked because I didn’t want big chunks of crunchy apple in my dessert. You can definitely go either way though! If you want it more like a traditional Snickers Apple Salad, you can definitely use raw — just dice them up fine.
The peanut butter cheesecake mixture is going to be thick — as you can see in the video, I stuff it all into a plastic bag and pipe it onto my graham crackers. It’s so easy and doesn’t have to be perfect!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Snickers Apple Icebox Cake
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large apples peel and diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8-10 large graham crackers
- 8 oz package cream cheese 1 8 oz package
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered icing sugar
- 2 cups plus 2 cups whipped cream
- 1/4 cup caramel syrup
- 6-8 mini Snickers bars
- In a medium pan, melt butter. Add apples and brown sugar and cook for 8-10 minutes, until softened. Set aside to cool completely (refrigerate if necessary).
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add peanut butter and sugar and beat until smooth. Add whipped cream and mix on low speed until combined.
- Line an 8×8″ pan with half of the graham crackers so that the bottom is covered in a single layer. Spread with half of the cream cheese mixture, drizzle with half of the caramel, and top with half of the cooled apples. Repeat layers one more time using remaining ingredients (except for the extra 2 cups whipped cream and Snickers bars).
- Top with whipped cream and Snickers bars and refrigerate at least 6 hours or until graham crackers are softened. Serve with additional caramel sauce if desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel