This Crockpot Tuscan Chicken has juicy chicken breasts slow cooked in a rich and cheesy cream sauce. This recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep and makes the perfect dinner served over your favorite pasta!
Table of Contents
This Baked Tuscan Chicken combines some of my favorite flavors into one delicious dish! There are days though that it feels really nice knowing that dinner is cooking away in the slow cooker (and we all love this Slow Cooker Chicken Breast!)
Enter this Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Recipe. It’s the best of both worlds!
This recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep and takes Tuscan chicken to whole new level. The chicken breast is cooked low and slow in the crockpot doused in a rich, creamy, and flavorful sauce.
I love to serve the finished chicken sliced over a pile of cooked Buttered Noodles and topped off with a scoop of extra cream sauce! These Roasted Green Beans or Honey Glazed Carrots are great way to add veggie to your plate as well 😉
Want to make it in the Instant Pot? Try these Creamy Italian Instant Pot Chicken Breasts!
- Chicken Breasts: I use boneless and skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Seasonings: we’re seasoning the chicken with a simple blend of salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, and black pepper.
- Heavy Cream: the base for the cream sauce. You can lighten it up with half-and-half, but the sauce won’t be as rich and creamy.
- Cornstarch: helps thicken the sauce as it cooks.
- Minced Garlic: use freshly minced garlic for the best flavor.
- Salt and Black Pepper: since the chicken is plenty seasoned, we just need a little salt and pepper to spice up the cream sauce.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes: be sure to chop the sun dried tomatoes into smaller pieces so they incorporate well into the sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese: use freshly shredded parmesan for the best flavor.
- Chopped Spinach: I recommend using fresh spinach for this recipe. Frozen spinach will water down the sauce, so be sure to thaw and squeeze it out if you are using it.
How to Make Crockpot Tuscan Chicken
This Crockpot Tuscan Chicken is a simple, flavorful dinner that takes just 10 minutes to prep!
- Season the chicken: Mix together salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, and pepper, then sprinkle the mixture over the chicken.
- Make the sauce: In a bowl, mix cream, garlic, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth, then add in the sun dried tomatoes and cheese.
- Combine and cook: Place the seasoned chicken into the slow cooker, pour the sauce over top, and cook on low until the internal temperature is 165ºF. Don’t overcook! Overcooked chicken is dry and flavorless. Stir in the spinach just before serving.
FAQs & Tips
Yes! It is totally fine to put the raw chicken right in the slow cooker. If you would prefer to take the extra step to sear the chicken before slow cooking, feel free. It doesn’t hurt but also isn’t necessary.
When it comes to cooking chicken in the slow cooker, lower and slower is the way to go for a more tender texture. However, if you’re lower on time and would rather cook on high, that will work as well. Just be sure not to overcook! Cooking on high usually requires only half the time.
No. It is not considered safe to cook frozen chicken in the crockpot. If all you have is frozen chicken, you should thaw it in the fridge first before cooking it in the crockpot. To quickly thaw frozen chicken, place it in a bowl of cool water and allow it to sit until thawed. Change the water out every 20 minutes so that it doesn’t get too warm.
Leftover Tuscan Chicken will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge if frozen, then warm on the stove or in the oven until heated through.
My favorite way to serve this crockpot chicken is sliced over pasta with extra cream sauce. You can serve it over plain fettuccine or linguine or with Buttered Noodles for some extra flavor!
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Crockpot Tuscan Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5-2 lbs)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
- Place chicken breasts in a 2.5-4 quart slow cooker.
- Combine salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Stir together the sauce: add the cream, garlic, corn starch salt and pepper to a medium bowl and whisk.
- Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese and pour around and over chicken in slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 3 hours or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Stir in the fresh spinach.
- Remove from the crockpot and serve with pasta or as desired.
- You can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts. I would aim for 2 lbs of meat.
- You can use a lighter cream, but keep in mind that the sauce will not be as thick and rich (you may want to increase the corn starch to compensate)
- Try swapping the sun dried tomatoes for roasted red peppers or the fresh spinach for kale if that’s what you have on hand.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel