This Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cobbler is an easy dessert for fall or Thanksgiving! It makes its own gooey cranberry apple sauce as it cooks — all you need is a scoop of ice cream! Includes step by step recipe video.
This fall, I’m determined to revisit a bunch of my favorite recipes from the past and reinvent them. Things that you guys obviously loved, and things that I loved as well. The cranberry apple combo (like in this Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cider and these Cider Spiced Cranberry Apple Pies!) is one that you definitely love, and we all love a good slow cooker recipe!
Since it’s my birthday month, there had to be cake. And if you have been around here for a while, you know that there’s not much I love more than a hot, gooey dessert with melty vanilla ice cream. (Maybe a Red Velvet Pudding Cake, Hot Fudge Sundae Cake, Caramel Apple Pudding Cake, or Berry Cherry Crisp for you??)
There is just something about apple recipes in the fall. We love apples year round (and I’m thankful we can get some pretty tasty ones up here), but that apple cinnamon combo combined with the cool, crisp fall air? Quite possibly my favorite thing ever.
As long as there’s ice cream.
This Cranberry Apple Cobbler recipe is adapted from this Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler recipe that I borrowed from Taste of Home. So although I wish I could claim all the brilliance behind it, it’s only partially my creation 😉
Tips & Tricks for making this Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cobbler:
- I used a 2.5 quart slow cooker (this one exactly but mine is white!). I find it’s the perfect size for desserts, appetizers and side dishes! You can use up to 4 quart but I haven’t tried in anything larger.
- I used 1 1/4 cups sugar because the apples and cranberries are a little tart. If you want to reduce the sugar, feel free to use only 1 cup — it won’t be as sweet, but will still be good! — or substitute some with a sweetener of your choice.
- Don’t have apples or cranberries? Use whatever fruit you do have! About 4 cups is just right.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cobbler Recipe + VIDEO
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour or sub whole wheat, divided
- 2 tablespoons + 1 1/4 cups sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add egg, milk and canola oil and stir until combined (batter will be thick).
- Spread batter into the bottom of a greased 2.5-4 quart slow cooker.
- In another large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons flour, 1¼ cups sugar, apples and cranberries. Pour over batter in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel