This No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake on a Pretzel Crust is the perfect combination of sweet and salty! It’s loaded with Chubby Hubby flavors and is an easy no bake dessert for summer. Includes step by step recipe video
I know that that’s a lot of words right there. I just didn’t know which part I could leave out and be okay with it.
This no bake cheesecake is inspired by chubby hubby ice cream, but I didn’t want to just call it Chubby Hubby Cheesecake in case there are people who have no idea what that is. Essentially it’s the most incredible combination of chocolate, peanut butter, peanuts and pretzels.
Basically, all the good things.
So instead we have a No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Pretzel Crust and I’m not going to apologize for a 9 word recipe title because I make the rules here.
I know you know I love a no bake cheesecake (this No Bake Lemon Cheesecake is a favorite, and this No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake and No Bake Brownie Batter Cheesecake are reader favorites!). This one is right there at the top.
A strange thing happened as I grew older and almost adult-like — I’ve been able to handle less sweetness in my desserts. I just need that something salty or citrusy or something to balance out all the sugar to really enjoy it. That’s where our pretzel crust comes in.
It adds the most incredible contrast to all of the chocolate and peanut butter — you could always use a no bake Oreo crust (like from this cheesecake) or graham crackers (from this cheesecake) if you need to, but I highly recommend giving it a try!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING THIS NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE:
- I use gelatin in most of my no bake cheesecakes because it ensures that it will slice beautifully and not dissolve into a puddle on your plate. This is an optional step and the melted chocolate should be enough to keep it holding up, so if you don’t have gelatin or want to skip that step, go ahead! I haven’t tried it myself.
- For a gluten free cheesecake, buy certified gluten free pretzels and check all of your packaging.
- I know it sounds like a lot of butter for the crust, but the pretzels just seem to soak it right up! It’s actually double what I use in a graham cracker crust, so if you want to cut down, just use graham cracker crumbs instead and 1/2 cup butter.
Watch the recipe video and see how easy it is to make!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake on a Pretzel Crust (Chubby Hubby) + VIDEO
This No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake on a Pretzel Crust is the perfect combination of sweet and salty! It's loaded with Chubby Hubby flavors and is an easy no bake dessert for summer. Includes step by step recipe video
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups pretzel crumbs (about 212g of pretzels)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons heavy 35% cream
- 3 (8oz each) packages of light cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pretzels
- For the crust, combine melted butter and pretzel crumbs (make sure they are pretty fine, or your crust won't hold together well) and press firmly into the bottom of a 9" Springform pan (I like to line the bottom of mine with parchment or wax paper for easy removal).
- Place cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over top. Let sit for 1-2 minutes, then microwave on high for 10-15 seconds, stirring, until dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate and 2 tablespoons cream. Melt in the microwave in 15-20 second intervals, stirring well each time. Be careful not to overcook! Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and cream until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes on high speed. Add gelatin mixture and melted chocolate and beat until combined.
- Spread half cheesecake mixture into crust. Heat peanut butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, then swirl half of the peanut butter into the cheesecake. Top with half of the chopped pretzels and half of the peanuts. Repeat layers one more time using remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight, until completely set. Serve.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 5-7 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. Thaw in the fridge before serving or leave partially frozen for a cool summer treat!