These Mini Cider Spiced Cranberry Apple Pies are so perfect for fall — I make them in pre-made tart shells for an easy holiday dessert that will impress your guests!
*This post is generously sponsored by Tenderflake — thank you for supporting the brands that help me bring you these tasty, holiday treats!
I have to admit, I was a little shocked with the popularity of this Cranberry Apple Cider from last fall. I can’t blame you for loving it — the cranberry apple combo is one of my favorites!
For me, as a self-professed tea hater, apple cider is like everything good about tea without the actual tea. A warm, soothing drink for cold days, filled with tons of fruit flavor and just enough spice.
I definitely wanted to recreate the drink into a more solid form — and this Cider Spiced Cranberry Apple Pie (in mini style!) was born! It’s loaded with apples, cranberries, cinnamon, nutmeg and topped with a crunchy brown sugar streusel (because what’s better than streusel?!).
I love to make them in pre-made tart shells for an easy holiday dessert that’s perfect for potlucks! individual desserts are so much easier because there’s no need to slice or serve — they are ready to go once you put them out. Family and friends can grab one (or two… or three…) and go!
Another thing I love about these? You can make them completely ahead of time and freeze.
I got this idea from my mom and my grandma, who would often set aside just to make a pile of apple pies in the fall. They would freeze them both before and after baking, and both work just as well! For me, that’s a big thing in the midst of holiday chaos. Make ahead takes so much stress out of Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings and potlucks!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Cider Spiced Cranberry Apple Pies
- 12 tart shells frozen
- 1 baking apple diced
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3//4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon nutmeg depending on your preference
- 1/4 cup butter cold
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup large oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- Place tarts on a baking sheet (line with parchment paper for easy clean up!) and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together apple, cranberries, 1 tablespoon flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg (a little or a lot depending on how much spice you like).
- Spoon fruit into unbaked tart shells — I piled it high and got 12 tart shells, but you could easily get a few extra if you leave a little more room.
- StreuselIn a large bowl, cut together butter, brown sugar, oats and ¼ cup flour until cookie dough consistency.
- Gently press streusel onto tarts and bake for 26-30 minutes, until golden brown and filling is bubbly and thickened.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel