This Italian Sausage Gnocchi Skillet is an easy dinner made in one pot with just SIX ingredients! Ready in 30 minutes or less. Step by step recipe video down in the recipe card.
Table of Contents
October is all about easy skillet meals here and this Italian Sausage Gnocchi Skillet is a new family favorite!
Gnocchi may not be an ingredient you always have stocked, but it’s worth it to grab a few bags from the dried pasta aisle when you see them because they really make a fabulous cozy meal in no time!
This Chicken Gnocchi Soup has long been one of our favorites, so it was time to use our gnocchi in this easy skillet dinner.
One of the best things about gnocchi is how quickly it cooks up perfectly. If you’re boiling gnocchi, they cook up in just 2-4 minutes, and in this recipe, they cook up tender and fluffy in not much longer!
They make this recipe the perfect weeknight dinner win — quick, cozy, and a crowd pleaser!
- Choose ingredients you love: because there are so few ingredients in this recipe, every one counts. Choose ingredients that have great flavor and they will take this recipe over the top!
- Don’t overcook: gnocchi cooks very quickly (5-8 minutes), so keep an eye on the skillet and stir regularly so that every gnocchi is cooked evenly. We want fluffy but not mushy!
- Add your own spin: this recipe is amazing on its own, but there are a lot of different ways you can make it your own, and I’ve included a bunch of ideas down below!
- Swap out the mild Italian sausage for a spicy version, or use ground beef or turkey instead! (Although you’ll want to add extra seasoning if going that route)
- Swap out the sausage for some of this Crockpot Shredded Chicken or Instant Pot Shredded Chicken if you have a batch prepped in the fridge!
- Use a little more tomato sauce or a little more cream to customize the sauce to your preferences
- Use light cream or whole milk to make this recipe a little lighter
- Swap out the spinach for kale or other vegetables, just keep in mind how long they need to cook and them earlier in the recipe if need be
This Gnocchi recipe is just as delicious prepped ahead and reheated later on!
If you know you’ll be reheating it, be sure you don’t overcook the gnocchi as it will cook further when you reheat it.
Cover tightly and refrigerate up to 4 days.
To reheat, add a splash of water, milk or chicken broth and place on the stove over medium-low heat, stirring often, until warmed through. Serve!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 375 gram package mild Italian sausage (about 3/4 lb), casings removed
- 1 cup tomato-based pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 500 grams dried potato gnocchi (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned.
- Stir in tomato sauce, cream, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Add gnocchi and stir to coat. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often, until gnocchi are tender.
- Stir in spinach and top with shredded cheese. Cover and let cheese melt before serving.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel