These Monster Cookie Cheesecakes are made with a naturally gluten free peanut butter oatmeal cookie base and M&M’s, and they’re the perfect treat for any celebration! Because peanut butter + cookie + cheesecake + candy.
Two big years, hey?
It doesn’t actually feel that long for me, I think because there are a lot of people in my Real Life who are just finding out about my blog now that I’ve resigned from my teaching job to stay home with my kiddos and create/photograph/write about all the delicious things for a living.
I just have to say: I feel insanely blessed.
I have never worked harder or longer hours in my life, but I am running my own business, that I started, right here, talking about one of my biggest loves: FOOD. I get to work with amazing people and incredible brands, I get to take pretty pictures of tasty food, and I get to call it work.
There are also lots of other things I do that just aren’t fun, but I push through to get to the stuff that is actually fun.
So, I actually didn’t originally have a Blog Birthday post planned here. I had kind of just skipped over it when I was planning my calendar, and when I had planned my way through March, I looked back and remembered, “oh yeah. I should probably do something there.”
Now, I don’t often bake gluten free. But I do have a number of gluten-free recipes on here because we have allergies in the family and I just need some easy gluten free recipes at my fingertips. Once I dreamed up these cheesecakes there was no going back. Making them would just not be optional.
First, there’s a flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookie that I adapted from my girl Sarah’s recipe. I knew that M&M’s are gluten free (whereas Smarties I believe are not), so that was an easy switch, and the mini ones go perfectly with my mini cheesecakes. The cheesecake filling is so super simple (adapted from Philaelphia Cream Cheese’s Taste of Heaven cookbook), and they come together super quickly and bake in a fraction of the time as a regular cheesecake. Plus, they freeze incredibly well and you can just pull out a few to thaw when you need them!
If that’s not perfection in a recipe, I don’t know what is.
And since it’s my party, I get to make whatever I want.
Sometimes (maybe you’ve seen on Instagram), I make really pretty cupcakes and cakes. And they look incredible but only taste good (to get buttercream that stiff takes a lot of powdered sugar — and they are sweet!). Sometimes when people ask me what I really want to do is give them something tastes incredible and looks good.
Like these Monster Cookie Cheesecakes.
Happy Blog Birthday to me!
*Be sure to purchase certified gluten free oats if necessary. Regular oats are not certified gluten free.
Gluten Free Monster Cookie Cheesecakes and a Blog Birthday!
These Monster Cookie Cheesecakes are made with a naturally gluten free peanut butter oatmeal cookie base and M&M's!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup quick oats (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1 50g package mini M&M's (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 (8oz) pkg light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with 12 liners.
- For the cookie base, in a medium bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until completely combined. Press 1 tablespoon of cookie dough into the bottom of each liner.
- Bake for 7 minutes, until mostly dry on top.
- For the cheesecake, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg until completely smooth.
- Remove muffin pan from the oven and divide half of the M&M's between all 12 of your cookie crusts (simply sprinkle on top). Divide your cheesecake batter between your 12 crusts. Crumble remaining cookie dough over top and sprinkle with remaining M&M's.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cheesecake is just set and cookie dough is light golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and chill for several hours before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze for up to 3 months.
More Monster Cookie desserts!
Monster Cookie Bars from The Gunny Sack
Monster Cookie Cheesecake Pie from Life Love and Sugar
Candy Oreo Monster Skillet Cookie Pizza from Life Made Sweeter