This No Bake Cadbury Creme Egg Cheesecake is the ultimate Easter dessert! Made with just a few ingredients and no oven!
I don’t normally take special requests here on The Recipe Rebel.
Normally, I am working months in advance (that’s my obsessive workaholicism for you), on a carefully laid out schedule that ticks all my boxes.
Some dinner recipes, some slow cooker, some baked goods, and maybe a dessert or two.
I will admit, I have a hard time doing last minute.
But St. Patrick’s Day came and passed without me doing anything fun here, and as per usual, the day comes and everyone is sharing their fun creations and I’m wallowing in a bad case of FOMO.
So as I was pitying myself for missing out on all the fun, I decided to throw in one more Easter dessert recipe, just for fun.
This No Bake Cadbury Creme Egg Cheesecake was a suggestion thrown out by some friends when they were over for dinner one night, and I will admit, the first thoughts running through my mind were that there was no SEO potential and had such a short period of time where people would be into it, was it even worth messing around with holiday-specific foods?!?
So I probably said something like “oh yeah, that’s brilliant, that would be amazing”, inwardly rolled my eyes and dismissed it.
(Dear friends who know who you are — you are brilliant and it is amazing. I apologize for my doubt and skepticism)
(P.S. come over and help me eat this Creme Egg Cheesecake!)
But a little while later I caught myself remembering the times when I came up with crazy food combinations just for fun, and blogging about food was fun.
And you know what?
Eating this Cadbury Creme Egg Cheesecake is also fun 😉
Tips for making a No Bake Cheesecake:
- Butter in the crust = glue. This recipe is not about being healthy, so add all the butter and enjoy a cheesecake that mostly stays together.
- Room temperature cream cheese is a non-negotiable (says the girl who believes recipe rules are made to be broken). Cold cream cheese = lumpy cheesecake.
- The biggest problem I hear people having with no bake cheesecake is that it doesn’t hold up — there are really only two possible reasons: you didn’t use heavy cream, you didn’t whip it long enough, or you didn’t chill it long enough. There is a relatively small amount of cream in here compared to the other ingredients, and you should be able to slice it nicely, but you do need to:
- use 30-35% fat cream (heavy whipping cream)
- use cold cream
- whip it on high speed with an electric mixer (put the whisk down) until it is super thick and fluffy. Don’t stop until you get there.
- chill it for a long time — at least 5-6 hours, but overnight is even better.
More Easter dessert recipes:
- Coconut Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Pineapple Lush Angel Food Cake Roll Recipe
- Mom’s (Almost) No Bake Pineapple Squares
- Easy Lemon Meringue Pie recipe
- Easy Cheesecake Cupcakes Recipe
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
No Bake Cadbury Creme Egg Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 300 grams Oreos or chocolate sandwich cookies (1 regular bag, 25 cookies)
- 750 grams cream cheese (3 8oz/250g packages) room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 creme eggs (regular sized)
- In a food processor, combine melted butter and cookies and process until fine crumbs. Press into a 9″ Springform pan and about 1/2″ up the sides.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and beat until combined.
- Add the cream and beat on low until incorporated, then beat on high for 3-4 minutes until thickened and fluffy (don’t stop until stiff peaks form!).
- Roughly chop regular-sized creme eggs and add to cheesecake batter, beating on low speed until evenly distributed.
- Spread into prepared crust, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with sweetened whipped cream and mini creme eggs for garnish if desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel
How far in advance can this be made?
What piping tip do you recommend for decorating?
The Recipe Rebel says
Hi Amanda, 1M open star piping tip.
Please ignore the question. When I looked at the recipe again I saw the picture of the eggs. Normally I can’t stand those eggs. I’m sure they will taste a lot better in the cheese cake. Thank you for the recipe.
Ashley Fehr says
No problem! 🙂
I don’t mean to sound stupid, but what are creme eggs?