This easy Cheesecake Cupcakes recipe (mini cheesecakes) is simple to make and customize! They are freezer friendly and perfect for any dessert table, birthday party or baby shower. Try Oreo or Strawberry variations, too!
It’s no secret here that I’m a cheesecake fanatic.
No bake cheesecakes, baked cheesecakes, cheesecake cupcakes, cheesecake brownies, mini cheesecakes or cheesecake cheese ball — just give me all the cream cheese-based desserts and no one gets hurt.
Cheesecake is one of the perfect desserts, in my mind, because it’s easy to make ahead (actually, it has to be made ahead!), it usually freezes well and you can make any variation you want.
Plus, it’s creamy and dreamy 😉
I love these cheesecake cupcakes for a holiday or party, because you can make a big batch of add a few to a dessert tray for Thanksgiving or Christmas, or you can make one big batch with 3 or 4 varieties easily, without having to prep any other dessert recipe. (See my notes on flavour variations below!)
I based these mini cheesecakes off of my Best Vanilla Cheesecake recipe, because it just made sense. These are the best cheesecake cupcakes: they are smooth, luscious (the sour cream or yogurt makes them super light!), and no fuss. Plus they bake perfectly in much less time than a regular cheesecake!
Popular Cheesecake Recipes on The Recipe Rebel:
- No Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Cherry Cheesecake Angel Food Cake Roll
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
How to make Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes:
To make Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes, crush Oreo cookies to make 1 cup of Oreo crumbles and stir into the cheesecake batter before baking.
Bake as per the instructions.
How to make Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes:
Add 1/2 cup chopped strawberries to the cheesecake batter before baking. Bake as per the instructions.
Before serving, toss 1 cup of chopped strawberries with 1 teaspoon sugar and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Spoon strawberries over cheesecakes and top with whipped cream.
How to freeze Cheesecake Cupcakes:
To freeze these mini cheesecakes, place into an air tight freezer-safe container once they are completely cool. Freeze up to 3 months.
To thaw and serve, place on a plate at room temperature for about 2 hours, or in the refrigerator for about 6 hours until thawed through. Serve as desired.
Other variations of cheesecake cupcakes:
There’s no limit to the ways you can serve these mini cheesecakes! Try these other variations:
- Salted caramel sauce with toffee bites
- Fresh fruit: strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, etc — anything goes!
- Apple pie filling and whipped cream
- Chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups and a drizzle of chocolate
- Add in the zest of 1 lemon to the cheesecake batter before baking
I’d love to hear how you would serve them! What are your favorite cheesecake toppings?
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese 2 packages, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line two 12 cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Divide between liners and press into the bottom firmly. Bake for 10 minutes until dry in the center. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt and beat on medium-high speed until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Divide evenly between muffin cups (they should be about 3/4 full). Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the centers are nearly set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours until chilled before serving as desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.