This Chicken Alfredo Pizza is creamy, cheesy and loaded with chunks of chicken, crispy bacon and spinach! With homemade pizza dough and homemade Alfredo sauce.
See the step by step video down in the recipe card.
Table of Contents
Our last pizza month recipe is here and it is a creamy, flavorful and indulgent Chicken Alfredo Pizza!
Made with a homemade pizza crust, homemade white Alfredo sauce, and topped with cooked chicken, bacon and spinach, it is filled with all of our favorite things!
There is a little prep time involved, but I’m going to share all of my tips and tricks for making this recipe a breeze and prepping it ahead!
In case you haven’t been following along this month, I first shared a step by step video for this Quick and Easy Pizza Dough (a reader favorite!).
For the rest of the month, I’ve been sharing new ways to use it!
Here is what we’ve seen so far:
- Pizza Rolls — great for lunch boxes and freezer friendly!
- Breakfast Pizza — for any meal of the day!
- Taco Pizza — a new spin on Taco Tuesday
- And now this White Alfredo Pizza — creamy, cheesy and insanely delicious!
What toppings do you put on White Pizza?
The options are endless! Here are our favorite toppings:
- An easy, homemade Alfredo sauce (see the recipe below)
- Chopped, cooked chicken breast (if you’ve got some of this Crockpot Shredded Chicken or this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken hanging around, this recipe is even easier!)
- Crispy bacon (make a batch of this Air Fryer Bacon, chop it and stash it in the freezer for quick prep!)
- Chopped spinach — just a bit to make us feel better about all that cheese and bacon 😉
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- Pizza dough: you can swap the homemade pizza dough in this recipe for a store bought tube or grab some from a local bakery. Or use naan rounds and make individual pizzas!
- Sauce: you can swap the homemade Alfredo sauce for store bought if you’re in a pinch. I never do because I haven’t found a jarred Alfredo sauce that we love!
- Chicken: not feeling chicken tonight? Cooked, crumbled Italian sausage is a great swap, or leave it out and up the bacon!
- Bacon: you can leave the bacon out if you prefer, or swap for turkey bacon to lighten things up a little
- Spinach: you can add more or less spinach according to your tastes!
- Vegetables: feel free to add even more veggies to this Alfredo Pizza if your family enjoys them — broccoli, mushrooms, roasted red peppers or sauteed onions would be great additions!
How to prep Alfredo Pizza ahead:
- prep the pizza dough up to 4 days in advance and stash it in the freezer, covered in plastic wrap.
- cook the chicken and bacon and store in the fridge up to 4 days before making your pizza (or store in the freezer for easy pizza toppings later on!)
- make the sauce and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
- shred the cheese and store in the fridge for a week or two, or purchase pre-shredded cheese (although it never melts quite as nicely!)
- Assemble the pizza entirely but do not bake — cover lightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator up to 24 hours before baking (you may not want to do this if you are only using salsa as the sauce, because it could become soggy).
More Chicken Alfredo recipes you’ll love!
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo — made in one pot!
- Chicken Alfredo Bake — another favorite make ahead meal
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta — for the pressure cooker fanatics!
- Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Dip — perfect for game day or movie night
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 ½-2 cups all purpose flour 195g plus more for rolling
- 1 package instant or quick yeast 2 ¼ teaspoons
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅔ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup cream (18-30% fat recommended)
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast (1-2 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
- ¼ cup cooked, crumbled bacon (about 2 slices)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, yeast, salt, sugar, oregano and garlic.
- Add water and oil and stir until combined — it will be a very wet dough.
- Add just enough of the remaining flour so that a soft but not sticky dough forms. Add the flour gradually and knead briefly until combined so that you can feel when it is ready — it will still be soft (not feel firm or tough) but won’t stick to your hands. To knead, simply press the flour into the dough, fold the dough and press, fold and press.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl and set covered in a warm, draft-free place to rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and cook 1-2 minutes. Whisk in cream and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and lightly grease a 12" pizza pan.
- Roll out pizza dough so that it is just larger than your pizza pan. Place pizza dough on pizza pan and fold the edges over to form a thicker crust, pinching down to seal.
- Spread Alfredo sauce over pizza dough and top with chicken, spinach, bacon, mozzarella and Parmesan. (If desired, you can reserve some to sprinkle on top of the cheese)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel