This Breakfast Pizza starts with homemade pizza dough and is topped with scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and cheese! Perfect for breakfast or dinner!
See the step by step video down in the recipe card.
Table of Contents
I know, right?
This Breakfast Pizza is basically the best of both worlds: breakfast and dinner.
If you’ve been here before, you probably know that we are big lovers of breakfast foods. All breakfast foods.
This Breakfast Pizza is loaded with some of our favorite breakfast foods: soft scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and cheese (because cheese is a part of every meal!).
There are so many ways to get this recipe and make it your own, and I’m sharing lots of tips and tricks below!
What do you put on Breakfast Pizza?
Like I mentioned above, there are tons of different ways to do this Breakfast Pizza, but here is what we have going on in this version:
- Scrambled eggs
- Crispy Bacon
- Shredded Cheese
- Green onions
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- Pizza dough: you can swap the homemade pizza dough in this recipe for a store bought tube or grab some from a local bakery. You can even use naan rounds and make individual pizzas!
- Bacon: this recipe can be made with any breakfast meat, or none at all! Swap the bacon for chopped, cooked ham or breakfast sausage, or just add in some veggies and leave it out.
- Scrambled eggs: I am (gasp!) not a big fan of runny eggs, so I opt for scrambled, but you can definitely switch this up! If you want sunny side up eggs on your breakfast pizza, simply crack the eggs on top about half way through baking and bake until the whites are completely set (about 8-10 minutes)
- Cheese: you can swap this out for any cheese you’ve got hanging out in your fridge!
How to prep this Breakfast Pizza ahead:
You know I have big love for recipes that I can prep ahead to make our lives easier! Here are a few different ways:
- prep the pizza dough up to 4 days in advance and stash it in the freezer, covered in plastic wrap.
- cook the eggs and bacon and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days before making your pizza
- shred the cheese and store in the fridge for a week or two, or purchase pre-shredded cheese (although it never melts quite as nicely!)
- Assemble the pizza entirely but do not bake — cover lightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator up to 24 hours before baking
Can I freeze Breakfast Pizza?
If you want to make this recipe ahead to keep in the freezer, I recommend par-baking the crust before topping. Simply bake at 425 for 5-7 minutes, until dry-looking but not yet browning.
Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Top with your cooled pizza toppings and cheese. Wrap in plastic wrap and tin foil (both help to prevent freezer burn!), then freeze for up to 3 months!
To serve, you can place in the oven right out of the freezer and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
More pizza recipes you’ll love!
- Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza
- Pizza Rolls — another freezer friendly recipe!
- Peanut Butter Cup Dessert Pizza — the perfect way to end pizza night!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 1 ½-2 cups all purpose flour 195g plus more for rolling
- 1 package instant or quick yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅔ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 slices thick cut bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 green onion (sliced) about 1 tablespoon
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, yeast, salt, sugar, oregano and garlic.
- Add water and oil and stir until combined — it will be a very wet dough.
- Add just enough of the remaining flour so that a soft but not sticky dough forms. Add the flour gradually and knead briefly until combined so that you can feel when it is ready — it will still be soft (not feel firm or tough) but won’t stick to your hands. To knead, simply press the flour into the dough, fold the dough and press, fold and press.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl and set covered in a warm, draft-free place to rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Lay bacon strips on foil and bake for 12-15 minutes, until crisped to desired doneness. Remove from the oven and set aside on paper towel to cool slightly before chopping.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until combined. Cook in a medium skillet, stirring often, until scrambled. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough so that it is just a bit larger than your pan. Place on a lightly greased pizza pan (this makes one 12" pizza). Fold the edges over and pinch so that your dough fits your pan exactly with a slightly thicker edge.
- Stir together oil, garlic powder and parsley. Brush over pizza crust.
- Top with cooked eggs, bacon and cheese and bake at 425 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve as desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel