These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are perfectly seasoned and simple to make – serve with your favorite sauce! Ready in just 20 minutes with minimal clean up!
Table of Contents
- How to make air fryer wings:
- How long does it take to cook wings in an air fryer?
- Is cutting your own wings hard?
- What type of sauce is good with air fryer chicken wings?
- How to store cooked chicken wings:
- What to serve with this recipe:
- More recipes to try:
- What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
Do you ever just crave a crispy, juicy, delicious basket of wings without having to go out?
The more I use my air fryer the more I love it!
Nothing beats that crispy exterior (with less oil!) and juicy interior.
Some of our favorites are these Air Fryer Meatballs and this Air Fryer Chicken Breast — they are both so juicy and flavorful.
But these wings — you have got to give them a try!
How to make air fryer wings:
- You will need to section your wings. You can buy whole wings and section them yourself, which makes this recipe very cost effective. Or you can buy already split chicken wings and just continue with the recipe from there on to save yourself some prep time.
- Oil and season the chicken wings. I love using simple seasonings for recipes like this. Salt and pepper, of course. And you cannot go wrong with garlic powder and paprika! This way, you can toss with your favorite sauce just before serving, or serve with a variety of sauces your family and guests love.
- Then the air fryer does the rest of the work! You only have to flip them once during cooking, and they turn out so crispy and perfectly juicy!
And you guys, chicken wings in the air fryer smell so good while they cook!
They are just as easy as making these Crockpot Chicken Wings, but they come together even quicker!
How long does it take to cook wings in an air fryer?
In just 20 minutes these wings are ready to serve! One of the things I like most about using an air fryer for recipes like this is because they heat up so quickly and cook so efficiently.
Is cutting your own wings hard?
No! Not at all. At first, I was a little intimidated by the idea but then I realized how much I could save! And now that I have made these wings a few times, I feel like a total pro.
I love that I can freeze the wings tips to make stock with later.
If the thought still intimidates you, you can easily buy split chicken wings and call it a day — sometimes it’s worth a little extra to save some prep time!
What type of sauce is good with air fryer chicken wings?
My go to sauce is Homemade BBQ sauce! But you really cannot go wrong.
My hubs loves a classic Buffalo Chicken Wing, but you can serve with blue cheese dressing or even a honey garlic sauce! YUM!
How to store cooked chicken wings:
In the unlikely case that you happen to have leftovers, they can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to three days.
To reheat, simply preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees and cook until heated through, 4-5 minutes.
What to serve with this recipe:
I love the crunch of a crisp fresh veggie with these juicy wings! Try celery and carrots for a classic combo!
A great selection of sauces is also a must 😉
More recipes to try:
- How to Make the Best Nachos
- Ham and Pineapple Sliders — a fun recipe for game day or movie night!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Air fryer – I used a 5.8-quart air fryer for this recipe.
- A good sharp knife for cutting the wings into portions.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds fresh chicken wings *See note
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat air fryer to 400℉ for 5 minutes.
- Cut wings into three pieces. Start by stretching out the wing on your cutting board and cutting between the joint of the drumette and the wingette. Then make a second cut between the wingette and the wing tip.
- Place drumettes and wingettes in a large bowl. You can save and freeze the wing tips to make chicken stock!
- Drizzle oil over chicken then season with garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika. Toss until thoroughly coated.
- Place seasoned chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket. It is okay for the chicken pieces to touch, they will shrink down while cooking.
- Cook 20 minutes, turning once with tongs half way through. Serve with with your favorite sauces!
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel