These Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside! With a simple seasoning, they are prepped and cook quickly!
Table of Contents
It’s no secret by now that the air fryer is one of my favorite ways to cook chicken!
After making these Air Fryer Chicken Breasts (the juiciest chicken we’ve ever eaten!) and these Air Fryer Chicken Wings, I knew it was time to throw some chicken thighs in there.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are so juicy and flavorful, and they cook so quickly that they have become a regular recipe in our rotation.
I like to throw a second batch in the air fryer while we are eating so we have lots of leftovers for quick meals through the week!
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs:
- Choose your chicken thighs: see my tips below for boneless or bone in thighs!
- Preheat your air fryer: this ensures that your chicken cooks quickly and evenly.
- Stir together your seasoning while the air fryer preheats, or choose a favorite spice blend if you’re short on time
- Toss chicken with oil and season well — this ensures a crispy, flavorful exterior!
- Cook! Some people flip their chicken half way through cooking in the air fryer, but I haven’t ever found a need as my air fryer cooks pretty evenly. You can check yours at the 7 minute mark and adjust as necessary.
Bone in or boneless chicken thighs?
Chicken thighs are inexpensive, delicious and easy to cook. They are made of dark meat, so they are extra juicy!
I used boneless chicken thighs for this recipe, though we love bone in chicken thighs in the air fryer, too!
If you choose bone in chicken thighs, you can use the same seasoning and method, but your cook time will be longer, so be sure to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
How do I store leftover chicken?
Store cooked chicken thighs in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Leftover chicken is great for meal prepping and quick lunches!
Chop up leftover chicken and use it in this classic Chicken Noodle Soup or this Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings!
Can I reheat chicken thighs in the air fryer?
Yes! Add ¼ water to the bottom of air fryer basket. Place refrigerated chicken in basket and cook for 7-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
We also like to make stir fry, casseroles or creamy pasta dishes with it!
What sides would go well with Air Fryer Chicken Thighs?
The options are almost endless! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Broccoli Salad – a family favorite
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes – so crispy!
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese (soooo creamy!)
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots – made with garlic butter!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black ground pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel then drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Combine brown sugar and seasonings in a small bowl. Rub over chicken thighs.
- Coat basket with non-aerosol cooking spray then place thighs in air fryer basket and cook for 12-14 minutes, flipping half way if desired, until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel
My husband’s favorite, have made many times and just finished eating it tonight. Delicious as always! Thanks for a great, easy recipe!!
I tripled the recipe for 6 boneless chicken thighs. It was delicious.
The Recipe Rebel says
Hi Nancy! So glad you enjoyed the recipe! Thank you for the review!
First time trying chicken thighs in the air fryer and they turned out perfectly. Super juicy and flavorful. Entire family loved them. Adding this to my go-to recipe list. Thank you!!
The Recipe Rebel says
Hi Ali! So glad you enjoyed the recipe! Thank you for the review!