This easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is creamy, spicy, and loaded with shredded chicken — it’s make ahead and freezer friendly!
I’m not going to lie to you — my husband was ecstatic when I started testing this easy buffalo chicken dip.
I on the other hand?
I just can’t handle as much spice as he can.
The great thing about this Buffalo Chicken Dip is that it’s so easy to make, but it’s also easy to customize, so while I made this version with a nice amount of heat, you can easily dial it back or sub in one of Frank’s milder hot sauce varieties!
This dip is the perfect appetizer for making ahead, then just throwing in the oven before your guests arrive for a New Year’s party, holiday dinner or game day.
And if you’re doing a lot of entertaining this time of year, you can double the recipe and stash one in the freezer for another day!
How to make Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Making this buffalo chicken dip in the crockpot couldn’t be easier!
You will simply stir all the ingredients together, spread it into a greased slow cooker, and let it cook on low for 2-3 hours until heated through.
If you want leave it longer, cook it on warm instead of low.
How to make this Buffalo Chicken Dip ahead:
This dip is a breeze to make ahead!
You will prepare the dip entirely, up to the point of baking.
Then you will simply cover your baking dish and refrigerate up to 3 days before baking (provided the ingredients you start with are as fresh as possible).
When you’re ready to serve, just uncover and bake as directed.
How to freeze buffalo chicken dip:
To freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip, spread it into a freezer safe container, cover tightly (I like to use a layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil or a lid), and freeze up ttot 3 months.
When ready to serve, you can thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking, or you can place your baking dish in the oven while the oven is preheating and continue baking from frozen, provided that your container is freezer-to-oven safe.
Variations on this Buffalo Chicken Dip to make it your own!
- Vegetarian? You can swap the shredded chicken with finely chopped, cooked cauliflower.
- Less spice? Add less hot sauce, add an extra half block of cream cheese, or choose a milder hot sauce to use in place of Frank’s Buffalo sauce.
- More spice? You know the drill — just add an extra quarter cup of buffalo sauce or add a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
More easy appetizer recipes you’ll love:
- Boneless Chicken Wings
- Crockpot Chicken Wings: 3 Ways + VIDEO
- Sweet and Sour Crockpot Meatballs + VIDEO
- Tortilla Roll Ups: Pizza Style!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 package cream cheese 8oz/250g, room temperature
- 1/3-1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (1/3 for good heat, 1/2 for spicier)
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add buffalo wing sauce and dressing and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Stir in chicken and 1 cup cheese.
- Spread into a lightly greased 6-8" round baking dish (or something of a similar size) and top with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate, or bake as directed.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes until bubbly at the edges. Broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese, if desired.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)