These easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas are made with chicken breasts, peppers, onions, salsa and a homemade fajita seasoning that makes them over the top delicious! An easy slow cooker dinner idea.
Table of Contents
I know you’re no stranger to this, but easy crockpot meals are just the way we do life here.
- In the summer, when life is crazy and the oven heats up the house too much.
- In the winter, when we love how the smell and coziness of a slow cooker dinner cooking away all day.
- On a busy weeknight, when you have 5 minutes to throw something in the slow cooker before the kids burst in the door, or during the baby’s nap time, or for your family on your way out of the house for the night shift.
We have many favorite slow cooker meals here, and these fajitas are just the tip of the iceberg.
And this Slow Cooker Chicken Breast is so ridiculously flavorful and juicy thanks to one special ingredient 😉
Why are you so excited about these Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas?
- They’re easy — even with the homemade fajita seasoning, they only take a few minutes to get in the crockpot and you can prep the veggies and the seasoning blend in advance.
- They’re healthy — we’ve got loads of veggies, lean protein, homemade spice blend, and salsa.
- They’re loaded with flavor — we’ll get to that homemade spice blend later.
- They’re multi-purpose — got leftovers? Make a chicken taco salad the next day for lunch, or fry up some quesadillas, or use it to top a pizza. The options are endless!
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas:
- Pour the chicken broth into your crockpot and add your chicken breasts. Season well with the homemade fajita seasoning
- Add your vegetables and sprinkle with remaining seasoning
- Top with your salsa — try to spread it in a thin even layer to keep everything moist.
- Cover and cook — the exact time will depend on your preferences and how how your slow cooker cooks. I’ve found 4 hours on low to be lots, and you could also cook for 2 hours on high. If you need to leave it longer, be sure that your slow cooker switches to keep warm once the cook time is over.
What to serve with these Crockpot Chicken Fajitas:
The nice thing Chicken Fajitas is that most of the things we like to serve them with can be completely prepped ahead. Here are some of our favorite things to serve with these Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas!
- Shredded cheese
- Fresh tomatoes
- Sour cream and my favorite homemade salsa
- Cooked rice
More Slow Cooker Meals you’ll love!
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken (Crockpot)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken recipe
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken (Slow Cooker)
- Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, salt, sugar, garlic, cumin and cayenne.
- In a 2.5-4 quart crockpot, add broth and chicken breasts in a single layer. Sprinkle chicken with half of the seasoning.
- Top with peppers and onion and season with remaining seasoning.
- Add salsa and spread into a thin layer on top of the peppers.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2 hours, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa, rice, sour cream, and cheese as desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel