These Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos are an easy, healthy, weeknight dinner! Just dump everything in the crockpot and forget about it.
Table of Contents
Crockpot Chicken Tacos are one of our favorite meals for a few reasons!
First, they’re delicious!
Second, they’re a well rounded meal — pile up this sweet and spicy chicken in a flour or corn tortilla, and add veggies, salsas, sour cream and cheese of your choice.
Third, the slow cooker does all the work!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos are the perfect dump and go slow cooker meal — there’s no chopping required and the ingredients take just a couple minutes to throw together.
They’re perfect for a busy day!
Dump ‘n’ Go slow cooker recipes (<– find 20 more of my favorites!) are about the most that we can handle here most days, with three girls and the chaos that comes with chasing them around 😉
We love serving this chicken in hard taco shells, tortillas, or even over rice or as a taco salad (<– a great way to get in even more veggies!).
You can definitely adjust the seasonings to suit your family’s tastes. Check out my tips on swapping out the ingredients below!
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- Chicken breasts: I like to use chicken breasts for this recipe because it’s what we usually have on hand. If you prefer, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs without changing any of the recipe.
- Mango or pineapple juice: I love the sweetness juice adds! Mango and pineapple are my preferred kinds (we love serving these tacos with Mango Salsa!), but you can sub in low sodium chicken broth or even orange juice in a pinch.
- Seasoning: If you’re in a hurry, feel free to swap all of the spices and seasonings for a package of low sodium taco seasoning.
- Garlic powder and onion powder: If you prefer, you can add minced garlic and finely diced onion to the slow cooker and leave out the garlic and onion powders.
Tips and Tricks for Making these Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos:
- Chicken breasts don’t need all day to cook in the slow cooker. I know this can make things a little more difficult if you work from home 8 or 9 hours a day, but cooking chicken breasts just until they are done will result in the juiciest chicken tacos
- I like to use my 2.5 quart slow cooker for recipes like this — it’s the perfect size and heats up quickly! (Plus, you want your slow cooker around 1/2-¾ full to cook properly, so you don’t want to use one that’s too big!)
- I always start with my tacos fairly mild and then people who like extra heat can add jalapenos, a spicy salsa, or some sriracha sauce. Feel free to add some cayenne pepper or red chili flakes to the slow cooker as it cooks to take things up a notch!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Sweet & Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mango or pineapple juice no sugar added
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of black pepper
- 16 hard taco shells
- Place chicken in a 2.5-4 quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together juice, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, onion powder, paprika, and pepper. Pour over chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Shred with two forks in the juices.
- Serve in taco shells or small tortillas with diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa (I love using mango salsa!), lime wedges or avocado slices as desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel