This Crockpot Chicken and Noodles recipe is an easy crockpot chicken recipe that will please the whole family! So easy and so creamy (but NO cream of chicken soups!).
What a WINTER.
I don’t normally raise my voice around here, but it’s been a little ridiculous.
We’ve had more snow days already (much more!) in 2019 than we had in the entire 2017-18 school year. It’s not only been miserably cold, we’ve gotten huge dumps of snow and the wind — it’s not helping any of that.
That’s where this Crockpot Chicken and Noodles recipe comes in.
They are warm, and creamy, and comforting — like your favorite bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup when you need a little less soup and a little more stick-to-your-ribs (because you might be stranded on the side of the highway tomorrow).
I almost felt a little bad not adding in some peas, or broccoli, or some freshly chopped spinach in here to round up this very beige meal, but the truth is?
I wanted to keep it basic because nearly any vegetables will go great in here.
Find a bag of your favorite frozen vegetables and dump them in before you start the slow cooker (I don’t recommend adding them after because you need to cook the noodles in the hot liquid and the vegetables will cool it down too much to do so).
Can you cook noodles in the crockpot?
The trick when cooking noodles or pasta in the slow cooker is not to overcook. Since the timing is so different based on high v. low, the make and model of the slow cooker, the type of noodles (thick, thin, white, whole wheat, high fiber, etc.), it can be difficult to know how long is exactly right.
It’s important that you follow the cook time listed in the recipe for that specific type of noodles. If you choose another variety, keep in mind that the cook time could vary significantly.
It’s also important that you add the cream and corn starch when the pasta is still somewhat firm — as the corn starch needs some time to cook out and thicken.
How to make Crockpot Chicken and Noodles:
- Start with your chicken, seasonings and broth. These will be slow cooked until the chicken shreds easily.
- Add the pasta to the hot liquid in the crockpot, stir, cover and cook until al dente — don’t let them go too long!
- Stir in some cream and you’re done! Easy, peasy, super creamy 😉
Know your slow cooker:
Every crockpot cooks differently — some are hotter and some are cooler. I use a 2.5 quart crockpot and a 6 quart Hamilton Beach slow cooker, and I know that my crockpot cooks much more quickly, so I keep that in mind when looking at recipes.
Generally, a slow cooker that is more full will also take longer to heat and cook.
Variations on this Crockpot Chicken and Noodles recipe:
- Stir in some frozen vegetables at the beginning to round out this recipe and make it a full meal deal.
- Try spicing it up with a squirt of sriracha or buffalo sauce
- Opt for boneless, skinless chicken thighs for a richer flavor.
Looking for more crockpot chicken recipes?
- Chicken Rice Soup
- Crockpot Orange Chicken recipe
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken
- Italian Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes
- Cheesy Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups extra wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Add chicken breasts, broth, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder to a 2.5-4 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 3.5-4 hours.
- Turn crockpot to high and cook for 20-30 minutes (this increases the temperature to cook the pasta).
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and stir in the noodles. Cover and cook on high for about 10 minutes (you want them about half cooked, still somewhat firm).
- Meanwhile, whisk together the half and half and corn starch. Stir in the chicken and cream. Cover and let cook on high for 10 minutes until thickened and pasta is cooked. Serve.