This No Bake S’mores Cheesecake is one of THE BEST cheesecakes I’ve ever made! A smooth chocolate marshmallow cheesecake on a graham cracker crust, topped with toasted homemade marshmallow cream!
This cheesecake is unreal.
I know you probably expect me to say that about everything I make but I don’t (do I?!?!). THIS HERE though. My word.
It’s one of those moments when you’re almost done snapping photos and go in for that bite shot with a resounding, “mmmmm….”.
And when you decide the photo shoot is over and take a few more bites. “Mmmm……. mmmmmmmm…….mmmmmm!!!” So seriously good.
In most of my no bake cheesecakes (like this No Bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake and this No Bake Lemon Cheesecake), I use gelatin to make sure the whole thing holds up and slices beautifully. With this S’mores Cheesecake, I figure the melted chocolate and melted marshmallow would do the trick for me, since both firm back up once chilled.
This cheesecake has the most gloriously smooth texture and holds together perfectly! I debated doing a plain marshmallow cheesecake and adding a layer of chocolate ganache, but who needs an extra step?? I just threw it all in together!
When I decided I was going to make a S’mores Cheesecake for National S’mores Day (today!!), I knew one thing I would absolutely NOT do. Top the whole thing with marshmallows and toast them.
Have you guys ever added toasted marshmallows to a dessert and then let them cool? They turn hard and impossibly sticky. You can hardly cut a piece, let alone eat it with any dignity, the whole cooled marshmallow mess coming off in one chewy bite (so maybe I have some experience with this).
So even though the homemade marshmallow cream is an extra step and I am 100% Anti Extra Steps, do not leave it out — homemade toasted marshmallow cream is life.
You can, however, swap with store bought marshmallows, cold, if you like and absolutely do not have 15 extra minutes to go homemade. Or if you are going to serve the entire thing within 10 minutes of toasting them, you can use store bought marshmallows and toast them up.
Do feel free to garnish with an unreasonable amount of crushed graham crackers and chocolate chunks for good measure.
No Bake S'mores Cheesecake
This No Bake S'mores Cheesecake is one of THE BEST cheesecakes I've ever made! A smooth chocolate marshmallow cheesecake on a graham cracker crust, topped with toasted homemade marshmallow cream!
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, plus 1 teaspoon
- 3 (8oz) packages light cream cheese (or regular)
- 1 1/4 cup powdered icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (35%) plus 3 tablespoons
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Line a 9" Springform pan with parchment paper (snapping it between the outer ring and the bottom so that it sticks out the edges). Press crumbs firmly into the bottom of the pan. *See NOTES for option to bake crust*
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate and 3 tablespoons cream. Microwave on high for 15 seconds at a time, stirring each time, until melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, toss marshmallows with 1 teaspoon vanilla. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir until smooth, heating again for another 10 seconds if necessary. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add 1½ cups cream and beat on high for 3-4 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add in cooled chocolate mixture and melted marshmallows and beat until smooth and combined. Pour over graham cracker crust and refrigerate at least 6 hours or until set.
- Place about 1" of water into a small pot and bring to a simmer on the stove. Place a larger glass bowl over top, so that it's not touching the water. Add the egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar and whisk until combined.
- Continue heating and whisking until sugar is dissolved and egg mixture is warm but not hot.
- Beat with an electric mixer until cooled to room temperature and soft peaks form -- this can take some time, just be patient. It may take 5-8 minutes.
- Remove outer ring of the Springform pan and pipe or spread marshmallow cream over top. Use a kitchen torch to toast marshmallow if desired (optional).
More s’mores recipes!