This No Bake Lemon Cheesecake is made with lemon juice and zest and no artificial flavors! It sets and slices perfectly and is even great frozen! Includes step by step recipe video.
Table of Contents
If there are two things I love in this world, it’s lemon and cheesecake.
Especially a light, airy, and just tangy enough No Bake Lemon Cheesecake like this one!
As a kid, I didn’t enjoy citrus or lemon desserts very much at all. It seemed wrong that they just weren’t that sweet!
Now that I’m older (more experienced and more mature, I’d like to think 😉 ), my tastes have changed and I much prefer a tangy lemon dessert with the right amount of sweetness over some sugar-laden cake with several inches of frosting.
How to make No Bake Lemon Cheesecake:
This No Bake Lemon Cheesecake is easy to make, but there are a few important steps and tips I’m going to highlight here — see the full instructions down below.
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature — this ensure your cheesecake will be smooth and creamy with no lumps!
- Beat your cream cheese first to make sure it’s smooth, before adding the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Beat the cream until stiff peaks form, before adding it to the cream cheese filling. This will ensure a thicker cheesecake.
- Taste before you add it to the crust — this way you can add more lemon or more sugar if you prefer!
- Pour it in the crust, and let it chill overnight if you can, but at least 6 hours. If you don’t let it chill thoroughly, you won’t be able to slice it.
How to store No Bake Lemon Cheesecake:
You can store in this prepared Lemon Cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 4 days (make sure your ingredients are as fresh as possible when you start!).
You can also freeze this Lemon Cheesecake as a whole (I recommend leaving any whipped cream topping off of the cheesecake until serving if you are going to freeze it), or in individual slices for a quick treat.
If you want, you can even serve this cheesecake partially frozen! I recommend letting sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving so it is nice and creamy.
December 2019 updates to the original recipe from May 2017:
My original No Bake Lemon Cheesecake recipe was made with Greek yogurt and gelatin, but I wanted to simplify the recipe and still get great results.
The new and improved recipe takes no time at all and just a few ingredients! It still has great lemon flavor and is light and fluffy.
I know there are a few people who really loved the original recipe, but I encourage you to give this one a try! It is just as delicious, but fewer ingredients and steps.
In my book, that’s a win!
More lemon desserts you’ll love!
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake Recipe
- Easy Homemade Pink Lemonade Recipe
- Cream Cheese-Filled Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Frosted Lemon Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Real Deal No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (375g)
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 packages cream cheese (24oz or 750g total) full fat
- 1 1/2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- zest of 2 lemons (1 if you want a milder flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (30-35% fat ONLY)
- Line a 9" Springform pan with parchment paper — optional but makes for easy removal once set!
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter and press into prepared pan, and about 1/2" up the sides.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, beat the heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the bowl with the cream cheese and use a spatula to gently fold it together, being careful not to deflate the cream.
- Taste the filling, and add more sugar or more lemon zest if you want it sweeter or more lemony.
- Pour filling into crust, cover and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight is even better! Serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel