This Chocolate Lasagna is the best no-bake dessert. It’s a buttery Oreo crust layered with cheesecake filling, chocolate pudding, and homemade whipped cream. For true chocolate lovers!
Table of Contents
I’m sure we’ve all had regular Lasagna, but have you ever had a dessert Lasagna?
This Chocolate Lasagna is one of my favorites! It’s so simple to make and there’s no baking required. It’s made with a chocolate cookie crust, a layer of cheesecake, chocolate pudding, and homemade whipped cream.
It’s similar to this homemade Lemon Lush Dessert in that it has four delicious, creamy layers, but I did opt for pudding mix and a no-bake crust in this recipe. Let’s call it semi-homemade 😉
This no-bake dessert lasagna so decadent, so delicious, and an easy dessert that everyone will love!
If you love chocolate desserts, you’ll also enjoy these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake, this easy Chocolate Trifle, and this Chocolate Cream Pie. All gloriously fudgy and decadent!
- Crust: we’re making a simple crust with crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter. You will crush the whole cookie, including the filling (it acts as glue!). Any store bought sandwich cookie will work for the crust.
- Cream Cheese and Heavy Whipping Cream: the base for our cheesecake layer. Use full-fat cream cheese blocks for the best texture and flavor. You can substitute 1 cup of cool whip if you prefer (but why??).
- Powdered Sugar: whipped with the cream cheese to give the cheesecake layer structure and sweetness.
- Vanilla: adds flavor depth to the cream cheese filling.
- Chocolate Pudding Layer: our chocolate pudding layer is made with instant chocolate pudding mix and milk. I’ve included a link to a homemade chocolate filling layer in the recipe card if you prefer that!
- Whipped Cream: we’re whipping up a homemade whipped cream to top it all off. It’s made with heavy whipping cream, powdered icing sugar, and vanilla extract. You can add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to make it chocolate whipped cream.
- Garnishes: I love to finish my Chocolate Lasagna off with more crushed Oreos and chocolate shavings, but feel free to garnish as you desire!
How to Make Chocolate Lasagna
Here are a few step by step photos to guide you! Please see the detailed recipe down in the recipe card.
- Make the crust: Crush the cookies and combine with melted butter. Press into a baking dish and set aside.
- Add the filling: In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla, then beat until thick and fluffy. Layer over the crust and refrigerate.
- Add the pudding: Pour the pudding over the cream cheese layer, then cover and refrigerate until set. Give it time! We don’t want it all to fall apart when we slice it.
- Top it off: Use an electric mixer to whip together cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread over the chilled lasagna, then garnish and serve.
Chocolate Lasagna FAQs
Chocolate Lasagna is a delicious no-bake dessert lasagna made with an Oreo crust, a cheesecake layer, a chocolate pudding layer, and a whipped cream toppings. It’s so sweet, so rich, and perfect for chocolate lovers!
A finished Chocolate Lasagna will last covered in the fridge for 3 days or wrapped tightly in the freezer (without the whip) for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to serve, thaw in the fridge, add the whip, and dig in.
Yes! You can freeze prepared dessert lasagna but the homemade whipped cream may deflate some after thawing. I recommend serving partially frozen if using homemade whipped cream, or swapping the whipped cream for twice the amount of cool whip.
Tips and Notes
- Use regular Oreos. Not double stuffed. Double stuffed Oreos have too much filling which will affect the texture of the crust.
- No food processor? You can easily crush the Oreos in a ziplock baggie using a rolling pin or something similar. Make sure you get the crumbs nice and fine!
- Soften the cream cheese. Softening the cream cheese makes it so much easier to beat smoothly.
- Chill each layer. If the layers are cold when you add another, there’s less of a risk of a mess. Just stick it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes or while you prep the next layer for the best results.
- To cut clean slices, run a sharp knife under warm water, dry it, then slice. Repeat this between slices.
- Make the chocolate layer homemade. If you’d rather make this dessert completely from scratch, use the filling recipe for Chocolate Cream Pie instead of the instant pudding and milk. It works perfectly! Just be sure to chill the cream cheese layer and allow the filling to cool to room temp before you spread it on.
- No Oreos? Use shortbread crust from Lemon Lush instead or swap for any sandwich cookie.
- Use other toppings. Feel free to get creative with the toppings you use. I love chocolate shavings and crushed Oreos, but you could also use mini chocolate chips, Reese’s pieces, chocolate sauce, marshmallows, you name it.
More No-Bake Desserts You’ll Love
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- ½ cup melted butter
- 300 grams chocolate sandwich cookies (about 25 cookies)
Cream cheese layer
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 oz or 250 grams each) room temperature
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate pudding layer
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding mix 4 serving size
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup powdered icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings and crushed Oreo crumbs for garnish as desired
- Combine melted butter and cookies in a food processor and process until smooth and a ball forms. (You can also crush by hand and stir in the butter, just make sure they are fine).
- Press into a 9×13" baking dish and set aside.
Cream cheese layer
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, cream and vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Then beat on high for 2 minutes until thick and fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust and refrigerate while you make the pudding.
Chocolate pudding layer
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding mix and milk until completely smooth. Pour over cream cheese layer, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until layers are completely set, about 4 hours.
- Before serving, whip cream, powdered sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over chilled pudding layer and top with garnishes as desired. (You can do this several hours before serving as well)
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel