This Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is a soft, moist lemon coffee cake filled with cream cheese and blueberries and topped with a ridiculous amount of crumb topping! The only way to eat coffee cake! Includes step by step recipe video.
And I know you love them, too, because of how insanely popular these Baked Lemon Blueberry Doughnuts are.
I’ve mentioned this before, but growing up I didn’t really consider a lemon dessert real dessert. It was like carrot cake to me, right?! If you’re going to call something dessert, it had better have a good solid layer of chocolate and/or caramel and/or peanut butter or, for goodness’ sake, at least some strawberries or cherry pie filling! But lemon? Carrot? Um, no.
Now though? I am totally, ridiculously obsessed with lemon and citrus desserts. I think maybe it’s because my sweet tooth just can’t handle quite as much sweetness (sad, right??), and lemon gives the perfect balance to all that sugar.
Oh, and that crumb topping. When I was dreaming up this recipe, I knew I wanted lemon, and cream cheese, but I wasn’t about to sacrifice the crumb topping either. I wanted it all, and I wanted lots of it. Because why else would someone eat coffee cake? It’s the best part!
This coffee cake is perfect for Easter or any holiday brunch or dessert table — it travels well and really needs no glaze or frosting. It can be made well in advance and frozen.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- Juice and zest from one lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 package
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- zest from one lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-10″ Springform pan (mine is 9.5″) with parchment paper (you can do this by laying it on the base and closing the sides around it with the paper sticking out the bottom), and spray with non-stick spray.
- Crumb Topping:In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, flour, sugar and vanilla until crumbly. Cover and set aside.
- Cake:In a large bowl, whisk together butter, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, lemon juice and zest.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir just until combined. Set aside.
- Cream Cheese filling:With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and lemon zest until smooth.
- Assembly:Spread ⅔ of the cake batter into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread cream cheese filling in the center, making sure to stay away from the edge of the cake (leave ½-1″ around the edge of the pan). Top with blueberries.
- Top with remaining cake batter. Starting at the edge of the pan, spread the batter into the center as far as it will go. It doesn’t matter if it covers all of the blueberries.
- Top with all of the crumb topping. Yes, it’s a lot. Yes, it’s delicious.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes, or until center is set and does not jiggle when moved. It’s a very moist cake, so don’t worry about baking so long — you don’t want an unbaked center!
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel