These easy Yogurt Parfaits are made with kefir probiotic yogurt, crunchy granola and layers of fruit and homemade fruit sauces — a healthy breakfast that you can prep ahead of time!
Thank you to Astro Canada for sponsoring this post and helping me to bring you this recipe!
As much as we love yogurt on its own as a nutritious snack, we love doing it up in one of these incredible yogurt parfaits for a fun breakfast or snack that can be prepped ahead for when the chaos hits!
With school back in session and all the busy that goes with it, it’s amazing what having a few simple ingredients stocked in the fridge and pantry can do for my sanity.
One of our favorites is the new Astro Original Kefir Probiotic Yogourt, which comes in a variety of sizes and flavours so there’s something for everyone!
Another thing I love about these easy Yogurt Parfaits?
That you can make them as simple or as elaborate as you like!
If you’re short on time, some yogurt, fresh fruit, and store-bought granola is perfect!
But if you have a little more time or have half an hour to spend prepping food on the weekend? Try making a homemade fruit sauce with fresh or frozen fruit for an extra layer of deliciousness.
How to make Yogurt Parfaits:
There are 3 basic components in a yogurt parfait:
We are loving the new Astro Original Kefir Probiotic Yogourt (see why in my post on the Benefits of Kefir Yogourt!) — it has twice the amount of probiotics as any other spoonable yogurt on the market and a simple ingredient list that I can decipher without Google. In a poll completed by Leger Marketing, 77% of Canadians agreed that this is something they value!
It tastes great and makes me feel great, and it comes in plain as well as vanilla, strawberry and blueberry-pomegranate. Try it at your local Canadian retailer and learn more at Astro.ca!
Here are a few examples of fruit we love to have on hand for parfaits — feel free to add in your favorites!
- fresh and frozen strawberries
- fresh and frozen blueberries
- fresh and frozen raspberries
- fresh and frozen blackberries
- canned mandarin oranges
- canned or fresh peaches
- canned or fresh pears
- canned or frozen cherries
- fresh kiwi
- fresh or canned pineapple
- fresh mango
We love using canned or frozen (thawed) fruit during the fall and winter when fresh fruit is expensive and not as tasty — it’s a cheap way to keep everything on hand you need for a quick breakfast or nourishing snack!
When I have a few extra minutes, I love whipping up a simple fruit sauce to store in the fridge for adding to plain or vanilla yogurt, or spooning over waffles or pancakes. I find my fruit lasts longer this way than fresh, so it’s a great way to make the most of those fresh fruits that can spoil more quickly.
Typically, we use granola for crunch (you’ve gotta have that texture, right??), but there are so many fun options out there if you really think about it!
Here are a few ways to add a fun pop of texture and whole grains to a yogurt parfait:
- Store bought or homemade granola, multiple flavors
- Nuts: almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, or mixed nuts
- Whole grain cereals: scan your pantry or the grocery store aisles for inspiration!
- Bran flakes or buds
How to prep a Yogurt Parfait ahead:
Yogurt parfaits are a great make-ahead option for busy days if you’re chasing kids around or rushing off to work.
To make a yogurt parfait for later, layer Astro Original Kefir Probiotic Yogourt in a glass mason jar (or similar container, though the jars are so fun!) with fresh fruit (make sure it’s at its freshest so it lasts longest!), canned fruit or fruit sauce.
Save your granola or other crunchies in a small separate reusable container — it’s easy enough to sprinkle on just before eating and this will get you the best results!
Put the lid on your jar and store up to 3-5 days, depending on the lifespan of the fruit you are using.
Want to store your yogurt parfaits longer? Opt for a fruit sauce and add a splash of lemon juice for maximum freshness.
Different variations of these Yogurt Parfaits:
Here are a few fun Yogurt Parfaits to try!
- PB & J (pictured): Astro Original Kefir Probiotic Yogourt in vanilla or strawberry, with reduced sugar strawberry jam or sauce, a drizzle of peanut butter, and some peanut butter granola to top it all off.
- Tropical: Astro Original Kefir Probiotic Yogourt in vanilla or plain, topped with diced mango, pineapple, and kiwi and served with granola and toasted coconut flakes
- Black forest: mix Astro Original Kefir Probiotic Yogourt in vanilla with a sprinkle of cocoa powder. Spoon into jars and top with fresh or canned cherries or cherry sauce, and chocolate granola.
- Peach Blueberry (pictured): Astro Original Kefir Probiotic Yogourt in vanilla, with chopped canned peaches, fresh blueberries and granola.
- Chocolate Raspberry (pictured): Astro Original Kefir Probiotic Yogourt in vanilla, with fresh or frozen, thawed raspberries, and chocolate granola.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 170 grams kefir yogurt
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 4 tablespoons fruit choose from the options above
- Spoon half of the yogurt into the bottom of a bowl or glass jar
- Top with half of the granola (*To prep ahead, store granola in a small container to add later) and half of the fruit
- Repeat layers one time to use remaining ingredients
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel