This easy Lemon Baked Pancake with Triple Berry Sauce is perfect for serving the brunch crowd at Easter or Christmas — no flipping required! My favorite way to make pancakes!
Recipe posted first on The Recipe Critic.
I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t yet know this, but I have big, BIG love for the baked pancake.
They seem to not really be a big brunch thing around the holidays, not as big as the make ahead breakfasts anyway (like this french toast casserole or this baked overnight french toast or this breakfast casserole).
But I don’t understand why.
We love, love pancakes. We used to be that family who made a big Saturday or Sunday pancake breakfast (and by “big” I mean we made pancakes, and that alone was a pretty big deal) every weekend, but we’ve kind of gotten away from it. Maybe it’s because as we add to our family there’s more and more flipping and less sitting and eating and relaxing.
And so here’s where this ridiculously easy and wonderful baked pancake comes in — you just whip up your pancake batter, and then you pour it into a pan and bake it. You can even make the pancake batter the night before so you just have to bake in the morning, and then you all eat it hot at the same time. It is kind of amazing.
Clearly, way too much time has passed since this Healthier Cinnamon Roll Baked Pancake (<— which you also need to try!), but I’m back and I think this is going to be a regular addition to our weekend breakfast menu. I hope it will be to yours, too!
Tips & Tricks for Making this Lemon Baked Pancake with Triple Berry Sauce:
- I love to make as much ahead of time as possible. You can definitely whip up the pancake batter and store it in the fridge (although you may want to leave out the lemon until just before you bake), and you can make the berry sauce days in advance or even weeks and just stick it in the freezer.
- If you want, feel free to skip the berry sauce altogether and top with fresh berries and yogurt for a healthier alternative.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Lemon Baked Pancake with Triple Berry Sauce
Triple Berry Sauce
- 5 cups frozen mixed berries (fresh works too!) (1 600g bag)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water divided
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 2 lemons
- Triple Berry SauceIn a large pot, combine berries, ½ cup water, and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook until berries are heated through and sauce is bubbling.
- Combine 2 tablespoons water and corn starch, gradually stir into sauce while cooking to thicken. Remove from the heat and let sit until ready to serve or refrigerate for later.
- Pancake:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9″ pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, egg, milk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, lemon juice and zest until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 23-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Slice, top with berry sauce and devour ?
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel