This Greek Pasta Salad recipe is flavorful and filling, made with the freshest ingredients and a homemade Greek dressing! It’s very quick and easy to make, perfect to serve as a side dish with a hearty main, or as a light dinner on hot summer days.
Table of Contents
Greek Pasta Salad is one of my favorite pasta salad dishes, with plenty of fresh veggies, creamy Feta cheese, and an amazing homemade Greek salad dressing!
I LOVE a good easy pasta salad recipe, sometimes you just can’t beat that combination of tender pasta, with crunchy vegetables.
This is the best Greek pasta salad recipe as it’s so easy to make and has a couple of unique additions that we just love. It may not be an authentic Greek salad, but this is my blog and I make the rules. 😉
It comes together in just 20 minutes, so it’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners, or for prepping lunches for the week.
For more great pasta salad recipes, check out my Creamy Ranch Bowtie Pasta Salad Recipe, this Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, or this BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Zucchini & Corn, or get even more inspiration from my list of 30+ Pasta Salad Recipes!
Greek Pasta Salad
- Pasta: I like to use Orzo pasta, but any kind of short pasta will work.
- Cucumber: freshly cubed cucumber will give an instantly fresh flavor and great texture to this salad.
- Cheese: get good quality Greek Feta cheese for the best flavor. Opt for PDO labelled Feta (you will see the red and yellow symbol that says Protected Designation of Origin). It is imported from Greece and of the highest quality!
- Olives: kalamata olives add a great salty and savory flavor, classic to Mediterranean cuisine.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: they add a rich and tangy flavor to the pasta salad. You can swap for fresh cherry tomatoes if you prefer.
- Fresh herbs: you can use fresh basil or fresh parsley for extra flavor if you wish.
- Pepper: freshly cracked black pepper will add a slight kick to the dish (be sure to add it to your tastes).
- Oil: use a good quality extra virgin olive oil for a classic Greek flavor.
- Lemon Juice: fresh lemon juice will work best, so get a fresh lemon and start squeezing!
- Seasoning: use kosher salt, dried oregano, and freshly pressed or minced garlic is all you need for this flavorful dressing.
How to Make Greek Pasta Salad
This recipe couldn’t be easier! Full instructions are included in the recipe card below.
- Make the dressing: Stir together the oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Combine ingredients. Mix together the cooked pasta, cucumber, Feta, olives, tomatoes, and chopped fresh basil. Add the dressing and toss well.
Greek Pasta Salad FAQs
Classic Greek Pasta Salad is made with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, peppers, and a load of feta cheese. Seasoned with herbs traditional to Greek cuisines like basil, oregano, and parsley, it’s also usually served with a Greek salad dressing or vinaigrette for added flavor.
Store this dish in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can store the homemade dressing separately and add it before serving if you prefer, but I think the flavors get better after a day or two in the fridge!
Tips and Notes
- Pasta. For the quantities used, this recipe will work best with short cut pasta or small pasta shapes. You can use any kind of pasta for this dish, but if you use a larger size of pasta, the overall texture will be different. Just be sure to cook the pasta al dente for the best results!
- Feta. Whatever you do, choose good (real!) salty Feta cheese. No pre-crumbled Feta cheese here. Buy a good block and crumble or cube some to add in and you won’t regret it.
- Fresh herbs. I love basil in this, but fresh parsley is another great addition. It adds a lovely pop of flavor but isn’t 100% necessary.
Greek Pasta Salad Variations
- Mix up the veggies. You can use your favorite salad veggies here. Some chopped celery, green bell pepper, red onion, or sweetcorn would all add a slightly different flavor and texture to the salad.
- Sun-dried tomatoes. Maybe an unexpected ingredient, but I love the flavor in this dish more than fresh! Feel free to swap with fresh, halved cherry tomatoes if you prefer.
- Olive oil. olive oil adds more flavor than you might think, so use it if you can. If not, you can substitute with another oil, just keep in mind this will be a predominant flavor in the dressing.
- Lemon juice. as much as I feel lemon juice is a must here, you can swap it with red wine vinegar or white vinegar. (Like it tangy? You can even add a bit of both)!
- Dressing. You can swap the homemade dressing recipe for a bottle of store-bought Greek salad dressing in a pinch.
Serve this classic pasta salad as a main dish for a lighter meal, or serve it on the side to make a complete meal of another main course like these Grilled Chicken Thighs, or Slow Cooker Chicken Breast.
In our home, our dinner table is never without a side of bread. Some of our favorites are my Cheesy Garlic Bread, No Knead Artisan Bread, and my Homemade Breadsticks.
More Easy Pasta Recipes to Try
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Greek Pasta Salad
Greek Pasta Salad
- 340 grams short pasta I like to use orzo about 12 oz
- 1 cup cubed cucumber
- ½ cup Feta cheese crumbled or cubed
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives sliced
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- fresh basil or parsley optional
- freshly cracked black pepper
Greek Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
- Add the cooked pasta to a large bowl with the cucumber, Feta, olives, tomatoes, and some roughly chopped fresh basil.
- Stir together dressing ingredients of oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Pour over pasta salad ingredients in a bowl and toss together. Taste and add freshly cracked black pepper or additional lemon or salt according to your tastes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel
This recipe is delicious! I added marinated lemon garlic chicken to this salad, without needing lemon juice. Can’t wait to make this again!
The Recipe Rebel says
Hi Christopher! So glad you enjoyed the recipe! Thank you for this kind review!