This Crockpot White Chicken Lasagna is just SIX ingredients, so creamy and flavorful, and everything cooks in one pot! With step by step recipe video down below.
We’re kicking off a brand new series today — my 6 Ingredient Suppers series, where I’m going to be bringing you easy, totally manageable dinners with 6 ingredients (plus a few very basic “free” ingredients) that my family loves and yours will, too!
Every month will have a different theme, and January’s theme is Six Ingredient Slow Cooker Suppers!
I’m also running a giveaway every month in my Facebook group, centred around the theme of the series.
So overall, there is going to be lots of fun stuff going on, and a lot more easy family dinner ideas hitting the blog and your inbox.
Crockpot White Chicken Lasagna
We’re launching this series with one of my favorites recipes that I tested for 6 Ingredient Slow Cooker month — this White Chicken Lasagna that’s made completely in the crockpot, it’s super creamy and flavorful!
I love a traditional lasagna (if you do too, check out my Easy Lasagna recipe!), but there is so much prep involved, and so many ingredients, and even my easier no boil lasagna recipe ends up being a once-in-a-while kind of meal.
But this crockpot lasagna comes together with just minutes of prep (one of the bonuses of only using 6 ingredients!), and is ready in a few hours.
With pasta, we’re just not going to be able to let it cook all day, so if you work out of the house, this might be a great recipe for a busy weekend or Sunday lunch.
I love quick slow cooker recipes like this for days when the kids have activities after school because I can get it started before they get home, and be free for driving to lessons or homework or whatever else is needed!
Want an easy lasagna recipe ready in 30 minutes? Try my healthier Skillet Lasagna!
Can I make this White Chicken Lasagna on the stove top?
You can absolutely make this on the stove top if you prefer, without even changing the recipe much.
You can place all of the ingredients except for the cheese into a large, deep skillet. Bring to a simmer, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is cooked, the noodles are tender and have absorbed most of the liquid.
Top with cheese, cover and let melt, then serve.
Variations on this Crockpot White Chicken Lasagna:
Obviously, because we’re sticking with a simple version with only a few ingredients, there are lots of ways to mix this up!
- Add in more veggies: mushrooms, broccoli, or peas would be great in here, but you may want to add them close to the end of the cook time.
- Only have plain cream cheese? That’s totally fine! You may want to add in a half teaspoon of garlic herb seasoning or Italian seasoning to the recipe.
- Use an Italian cheese blend for even more flavor.
- Swap the chicken breast for smoked sausage, or leave it out for a vegetarian version.
- Swap the noodles: I wanted to use traditional lasagna noodles for this white lasagna, but you can absolutely use short pasta instead — it will cook slightly faster, so check after 15 minutes and every 5 minutes after that. You will want to substitute the noodles for roughly an equivalent weight of other pasta.
More crockpot pasta recipes you’ll love:
- Crockpot Chicken and Noodles recipe
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese recipe
- Healthier Slow Cooker Hamburger Helper Recipe
- Cheesy Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe + VIDEO
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Crockpot White Chicken Lasagna
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 1 large)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup herb and garlic cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles broken (230g)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a 2.5-4 quart crockpot, add chicken, broth, spinach, and cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, or until chicken shreds easily. Shred chicken and stir well to incorporate the cream cheese into the sauce.
- Stir in broken lasagna noodles, cover and turn crockpot to high. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir, working to get the top lasagna noodles down into the liquid. Press to submerge as much of the noodles as possible. Top with cheese, cover, and cook on high for 15 minutes or until noodles are al dente. (If you want to thicken the sauce further, you can add a small amount of corn starch combined with water at this time)
- Turn the crockpot off and let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel