This Easy Ham Quiche recipe started with a refrigerated pie crust or you can make your own! It’s filled with ham, cheese, green onions and perfectly seasoned. The perfect breakfast, dinner, or holiday brunch item!
I think maybe you know by now how much we love eggs — for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! This easy ham quiche is right at the top of our list for all 3 😉
One thing I don’t love? Pie crust.
I know, I know — maybe you think I’m crazy. Who doesn’t love PIE?!?
But give me cake, a cookie, ice cream, a candy bar, or just about anything else, and I will gladly let you have my piece of pie.
So when I’m making a quiche? It’s all about the filling here, which is why this ham quiche recipe uses a premade, refrigerated pie crust, and I’m just not gonna take any flack for it 😉
How to make Ham Quiche:
- Start with a crust — pie crust (go all out and make your own pie crust if you want), puff pastry quiche, or wonton wrappers for easy mini quiche if you like! — or not. You can totally make this a crustless quiche by just skipping all of the above. Just make sure you grease your pie plate well before pouring your eggs in!
- Choose good ham. The cooked ham you find at a grocery store varies greatly in quality. I like to go with one of the natural versions that actually has real ingredients in it. Call me crazy. (again)
- Add your favorite veggies — or not. Mushrooms, peppers, roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, broccoli, spinach or really anything you want or anything you need to clear out of the fridge. Feel free to go a little crazy and come up with your own variations! This here is a basic ham quiche recipe and you’re welcome to jazz it up however you like.
Lighten it up:
Now, I’m all about getting healthy fats and milk, meat, and whole eggs all have a ton of other benefits! But if you need, you can make this quiche a little better for you in a few different ways:
- Use skim milk instead whole milk or cream. This will reduce fat and calories significantly!
- Choose a fat free, natural ham if available.
- Use egg whites instead of whole eggs.
- Use a low fat cheese instead of full fat.
- Skip the crust! Bake your quiche filling in a well-greased pie plate until the eggs are set in the middle.
Easy Ham Quiche
This Easy Ham Quiche recipe started with a refrigerated pie crust or you can make your own! It's filled with ham, cheese, green onions and perfectly seasoned. The perfect breakfast, dinner, or holiday brunch item!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese divided
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll pie crust and press into a 9" pie plate, crimping the top edges if desired.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle ham, 1 cup of cheese, and green onions into the pie crust and pour the egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is completely set. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.