Puff pastry makes this Ham and Cheese Quiche so easy! No dough to prep, just press into the pan, fill and bake — perfect for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or any holiday brunch!
So I realized that, in spite of my love for puff pastry and all the things it can do, I don’t have any recipes using puff pastry on the blog.
I love developing recipes. I love coming up with new combinations, and dreaming up totally over the top sweet treats. And sometimes I think I get a little carried away on the sweet side of things, since it’s not those recipes that we’re making and eating every day (well, I hope not, anyway!).
When I asked my Facebook group whether they go for sweet or savory breakfast recipes, the results were overwhelmingly savory! Based on the popularity of my Loaded Baked Potato Quiche and Mini Wonton Quiche, I knew then that I had to do some rearranging of my plans and include one more savory brunch recipe before Mother’s Day.
This quiche looks impressive, but it’s easy enough for those men (and older kiddos!) who maybe don’t feel like whipping up pastry from scratch to impress their lady. Simply press the pastry into the pie plate, fill with your favorite toppings (feel free to mix things up!), top with the egg mixture, and bake! It doesn’t get any easier!
See how easy it is to make!
Easy Puff Pastry Ham and Cheese Quiche
Puff pastry makes this Ham and Cheese Quiche so easy! No dough to prep, just press into the pan, fill and bake -- perfect for Mother's Day, Father's Day, or any holiday brunch!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed but cold (if frozen, let thaw in the fridge for 24 hours)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups diced, cooked ham
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8-9" pie plate.
- Roll puff pastry out to larger than the size of your pie plate. Press pastry into the pie plate, folding over, stretching and squishing until it fits, trimming if desired.
- In a medium bowl (or large measuring cup with a spout), whisk together milk, eggs and salt. Sprinkle ham, ½ cup cheese and green onions on top of the pastry. Pour egg mixture over top and sprinkled with remaining ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until pastry is golden brown and eggs are completely set.
More quiche recipes!
Skillet Crustless Quiche Primavera from Flavor the Moments
Ham and Asparagus Quiche Cups from Maebells
Crustless Quiche Lorraine from Lemon Tree Dwelling