You know, I’m kind of new to this idea of layering oreos or graham crackers or other cookies with cheesecake or pudding or other equally delicious things, and letting them hang out and soften in the fridge to make cake.
But I’ve gotta say, I really like it.
I mean, there’s nothing not to like. You’ve got golden oreos. Cream cheese. Whipped cream. Apples. Cinnamon. Caramel.
And the best part? You can make it ahead and stick it in the refrigerator. You can even stick it in the freezer and pull it out a couple hours before you want to eat it!
It just doesn’t get any better.
Caramel Apple Golden Oreo Icebox Cake
Caramel Apple Golden Oreo Icebox Cake -- wonderful fall flavour in an easy no-bake, make-ahead dessert!
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 (102g) package instant vanilla pudding (a 4 serving size)
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping or whipped cream
- 32 golden Oreos (1.5 packs)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 1 (540ml) can apple pie filling
- In a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in pudding and 1⅓ cup milk and mix on low until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar.
- On low speed or with a spatula, add in whipped topping. Set aside.
- Get out an 8x8" or 9x9" pan. Dip half of your Oreos in ½ cupmilk for about 5 seconds, and place in the bottom of the pan (I did exactly 4 rows of 4).
- Spread with half of your cream cheese mixture. Drizzle with 1-2 tbsp caramel and spread with half of your apple pie filling.
- Repeat layers one more time, ending with pie filling and drizzling with extra caramel if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting and serving (I recommend overnight).