These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars are the perfect fall dessert! Loaded with thick caramel sauce, tender apples and covered in a cinnamon brown sugar cheesecake filling!
So ever since these Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Bars hit the stage I’ve been thinking about which version was going to be next.
I love cheesecake but I don’t usually think to make cheesecake bars. But I love how they are a little more approachable and you can cut them up, freeze them in a big container and they’re so easy to pull out for a snack here and there (and here and there and here and there).
These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars are different because they’re baked, and that’s because I wanted soft, juicy apples inside! But who knows?? Maybe there will have to be a no-bake version in the future 🙂
So one of the coolest things about this here blog is getting feedback from YOU. I love to hear what you guys are cooking and what your favorite recipes are!
I often use my Facebook group (click here to join!) to pick your brains about your favorite foods and what kinds of things you want to see. Back in the summer, I asked about your favorite dessert combinations.
And I don’t know if it was just that you were already sick of the heat and craving fall flavors or if you just really love apples and cinnamon, but that was overwhelmingly #1!
I have to admit that I’m a little surprised that it beat out chocolate and lemon and berries but that’s part of the reason I love hearing from you guys! Because I find it so interesting to see how everyone’s tastes are different (or in this case, very much the same).
So don’t be surprised if you see a lot of apple recipes popping up here this fall — you asked for them!
- I baked these in a square Springform pan — this thing is AMAZING if you’re baking bars that you eventually want to remove from the pan!
- Dulce de leche is a super thick caramel sauce but it’s so easy to make your own. Just make sure whatever you use isn’t too thin or it will make your crust soggy!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and diced (or another tart apple)
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature 2 packages
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup thick caramel sauce or Dulce de Leche
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream and caramel sauce for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×9″ square pan with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and graham cracker crumbs and press firmly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes or just until dry. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add brown sugar and beat on high until smooth and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add caramel, cinnamon, eggs, vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Stir in apples.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or just until center is set (it may still jiggle slightly but will look dry). Remove to come to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and additional caramel sauce if desired before serving.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel