This Spicy Mayo is the perfect condiment. This 5-minute, 3-ingredient recipe is rich, creamy, spicy, and delicious. Serve it on sandwiches, burgers, tacos, salad, or as a dipping sauce for your favorite appetizer!
Table of Contents
Okay, mayonnaise is good. And Sriracha is good. But have you ever had them together? And with chili powder?
Yeah, this Spicy Mayo is where it’s at. This three-ingredient, five-minute recipe takes two separate condiments and makes them that much better.
Simply whisk together mayo, hot sauce, and chili powder and you’ve got the perfect addition to sandwiches, meat, tacos, you name it!
- Mayonnaise: regular or light mayo will work. Use your favorite!
- Sriracha: you can add as much or as little Sriracha as you like depending on how much spice you like. I do 2 tablespoons and it’s perfect!
- Chili Powder: gives the mayo a little extra smoky spiciness.
How to Make Spicy Mayo
- Combine: Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Adjust and store or serve: Taste and adjust to taste, then refrigerate or serve.
Not quite! Although the two are similar, they are a little bit different. Spicy mayo is made up of mayo and hot sauce with various spices. Yum yum sauce is also made with mayo, but is flavored instead with tomato paste or ketchup and sometimes vinegar and spices.
This Spicy Mayo will last in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge for up to 2 months.
- Swap the hot sauce. Any hot sauce will work for this recipe. Try adobo, chili garlic sauce, cholula, tabasco, you name it.
- Brighten it up. Add a few drops of lemon or lime juice to give it a bright, tangy flavor.
- Make it vegan. Swap the regular mayo out for a vegan variety.
- Thin it out. You can make the mayo into a sauce or dressing by thinning out with a little bit of water.
- Give it some sweetness. Cut the spice with a drizzle of honey for a sweet flavor twist.
- Use other spices. Make it spicier with cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes, or swap the chili powder for Cajun seasoning, taco seasoning, or whatever spice blend your heart desires.
- Make Asian-inspired spicy mayo. Add a drizzle of soy sauce or a couple drops of sesame oil.
This Spicy Mayo is incredibly delicious…and incredibly versatile. Here are just a few ways you can serve it!
- On sandwiches. Slather it on a Beef Burger, a Denver Grilled Cheese Sandwich or Ham and Cheese Sliders.
- As a dipping sauce. Serve it as a dip with Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks, Pigs in a Blanket, Air Fryer French Fries, Chipotle Parmesan Potato Wedges, Sriracha Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken, you name it.
- As a dressing or sauce. Drizzle it over Baked Chicken Thighs, Air Fryer Salmon, or even Chicken Taco Salad.
- On tacos. Serve it on Instant Pot Chicken Tacos, Cheeseburger Baked Tacos, Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken Tacos, or even Breakfast Taco Bites.
More Easy Condiments
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 1 cup mayonnaise (regular or light)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Taste and adjust spice to taste, adding more mayo if you want a milder flavor.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel