This Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Stew is bound to be your new favorite winter comfort food! It’s hearty, creamy, cheesy and loaded with vegetables! The crockpot makes it an easy weeknight meal. Includes a how-to recipe video
I love hearty, creamy, winter comfort food. I can’t get enough.
I love it so much that I probably eat more stew and soup in the summer than your average person, especially considering our summers are a little on the short side here (you’d think I’d want to take advantage of our shorter grilling season!).
I was struggling with trying to decide what to make for you this month with these gorgeous Chilean Splash Little Potatoes. I had thought about maybe a traditional beef stew or pot roast, and while those would have both been super delicious, this creamy garlic Parmesan chicken version takes the cake.
It’s loaded with chicken, veggies (I used carrots, celery, onion, and obviously potatoes, but feel free to add in your favorites! Broccoli or mushrooms would be great too), and smothered in the creamiest garlic Parmesan sauce.
I went a little heavy on the liquid in this stew — stoup, if you will — because it is one of the best parts. I love soaking up all that extra broth with a chunk of crusty bread! I’m pretty sure it’s good for my soul on these cold, miserable winter days 😉 If you want more stew and less stoup, just reduce the broth by 1/2-1 cup.
*This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company as part of my ambassadorship with them — thank you for supporting that brands that help me bring you easy, weeknight meals!
See how easy it is to make!
Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Stew
This Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Stew is bound to be your new favorite winter comfort food! It's hearty, creamy, cheesy and loaded with vegetables! The crockpot makes it an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 lb Little Potatoes (I used Chilean Splash), halved or quartered if large
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup cream or milk
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Add potatoes, chicken, celery, onion, carrots, garlic, salt, parsley, thyme, pepper, and broth to a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender (this could take up to 6 hours depending on the temperature of your slow cooker -- cutting them smaller will speed up cooking time).
- Set slow cooker to high. Stir together cream and corn starch and stir into slow cooker, along with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook another 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread for dipping (the best way!).
** Please note nutrition information is estimated and will vary depending on the brand of products you use.
This giveaway is over and the winner (Sarah!) has been contacted. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Thanks to The Little Potato Company for sponsoring this giveaway!
Giveaway is open to Canadian or U.S. residents over the age of majority. Giveaway is open from January 8, 2017 until January 16, 2017 at 11:59 pm CST. Winner will be selected at random and notified within 24 hours of the contest ending. Winner must correctly answer a skill testing question and respond within 48 hours of initial email or a new winner will be chosen.