These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are an easy dinner idea, ready in 30 minutes with only one dirty pan! Healthy and delicious!
Table of Contents
This recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas is all the proof you need that fajitas can be made on a weeknight, using minimal dishes, in 30 minutes or less.
Well, if you’ve been hanging around here for a while, you know I’m all about easy meals with big flavor and fewer dishes.
These Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas are already a hit, so naturally, my next step was to recreate those fajitas and turn them into these ultimate Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas — the perfect weeknight meal!
I’m happy to say, after discussing the results with my family, that my idea was a roaring success (never underestimate the power of a sheet pan-inspired recipe!).
Once the oven timer goes off, all you have to do is throw these sheet pan chicken fajitas onto the table alongside some warm tortillas, salsa, and sour cream and dinner is ready.
If you have a few extra minutes, throw this Instant Pot Brown Rice in the pressure cooker to serve alongside!
The fajita seasoning itself can be store-bought or homemade, both are equally as tasty. I’ve given you my secret recipe for fajita seasoning made from spice rack-staples, you might be surprised at how easy it is to throw together in only a couple of minutes!
Leftover chicken and veggies from this sheet pan fajita recipe are filling and flavourful additions to all kinds of meals — and I’ve given you plenty of ideas below!
These sheet pan chicken fajitas come together in almost no time at all. Running low on energy or just don’t have fresh peppers kicking around? Feel free to use frozen veggies — no need to defrost them first!
- Spread thinly sliced chicken breasts, sweet peppers, and onion in a single layer on a rimmed backing sheet (use parchment paper for easy clean-up if desired).
- Drizzle the ingredients evenly with a neutral-tasting oil and then coat with fajita seasoning.
- Bake and serve with tortillas, salsa, sour cream, or guacamole (or any other accompaniments your family loves).
Store-bought fajita seasoning is super-convenient, but it’s also incredibly easy to make your own at home! Simply combine the following spices in a small bowl or jar (you can easily multiply these measurements to make extra!).
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Use thinly sliced pork tenderloin instead of chicken breast.
- Swap in sliced chicken thighs for the chicken breast.
- Warm up corn tortillas and use in place of flour tortillas, or serve in a bowl on a bed of rice.
- Get creative with your veggies! Zucchini, carrots cut into matchsticks, and broccoli florets are tasty additions to this chicken fajita recipe.
- Add leftover chicken and vegetables to a quesadilla with Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese.
- Make your own chicken fajita bowls! Reheat chicken, peppers, and onion and serve over basmati rice with black beans and pico de gallo.
- Cut the chicken and veggie into smaller pieces and use the mixture to stuff homemade taquitos or tacos.
- Stir the chicken fajita ingredients and a 1/2 cup of your favourite salsa into store-bought vegetable soup. Top with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
- Use your leftover chicken fajitas to top a pizza!
- Chicken Taco Salad
- Caprese Chicken and Potatoes
- Mango Salsa Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1.5lbs)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 package Fajita seasoning or see above for recipe
- flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts, peppers, and onions into thin slices and place on a rimmed sheet pan (line with parchment paper if desired, not necessary).
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and peppers are crisp-tender.
- Serve in tortillas with lime wedges, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa as desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel