This One Pan Tuscan Chicken and Potato Skillet is an easy dinner idea that is loaded with flavor! With tomatoes, spinach, potatoes and a light Parmesan cream sauce, it’s perfect one pot comfort food. Includes step by step recipe video.
This right here, you guys.
Chicken. Potatoes. And the non-Italian girl’s interpretation of some classic Italian flavors: tomatoes, spinach, and Parmesan cheese.
I am in no way presenting this as an authentic interpretation of Tuscan or Italian cuisine (we all know you are a passionate bunch 😉 ), but as my own spin on some of my favorite flavors from some of my favorite Italian dishes. Are we good??
So it’s Baby Month. (Whaaaaaaat?!?) Which means that, yes, I am writing this post in advance because I would hate to leave you guys without this deliciousness as I figure out how to do the whole newborn thing again. Rest assured, there will be loads more deliciousness coming your way in the next month or two (and maybe a baby photo or two!).
With this month’s bag of Little Potatoes, I really wanted to bring you an easy dinner recipe that is also loaded with flavor and crowd-pleasing. I know that we are in the midst of holiday chaos and maybe you are too busy brining turkeys and baking cookies to worry about making dinner during the week, but I think it’s these easy, one pot meals that really save our sanity (or mine anyway!).
I’m going to go ahead and give you permission to bring this to any holiday potluck as well, and I promise you won’t get any complaints — a nice sprinkling of good quality Parmesan cheese takes care of any doubters 😉
Tips and Tricks for Making this One Pan Tuscan Chicken and Potato Skillet:
- If you want to speed up the cooking time, simply cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and slice the potatoes instead of halving. If you do this, leave the chicken in the pan after browning while you add in the rest of the ingredients.
- You’ll want to make this recipe in a very large skillet with a fitting lid like this one.
- Feel free to mix up the herbs and vegetables and add in other things your family loves — the recipe is meant as a guide 🙂
- I do recommend heavy cream for this recipe, as a lighter cream may separate after simmering for an extended period of time.
*This post is generously sponsored by The Little Potato Company — thank you for supporting the brands that put food on our table!
Watch the recipe video and see how easy it is to make!
One Pan Tuscan Chicken and Potato Skillet Recipe + VIDEO
This One Pan Tuscan Chicken and Potato Skillet is an easy dinner idea that is loaded with flavor! With tomatoes, spinach, potatoes and a light Parmesan cream sauce, it's perfect one pot comfort food. Includes step by step recipe video.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved (or 4 small breasts)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 lb Little Potatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side and set aside on a plate.
To the pan, add the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and cook for 1 minute. Add the potatoes, spinach and tomatoes and stir.
Add the cream to the pan with the vegetables. Combine the broth and the corn starch with a whisk and add to the pan. Stir.
Return chicken to the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-18 minutes, until potatoes are tender and chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and garnish with fresh herbs if desired before serving.