An easy, no bake icebox cake loaded with funfetti flavor! Only 10 MINUTES prep time and full of homemade cake batter flavor.
Both of my girls love sprinkles. And it’s not like we have sprinkled things on a regular basis, but when we do, or when we see them… it’s a pretty big thing! I’m sure it’s scientifically proven that sprinkles make people happy.
We all love bright, colorful things, right? And yes, most of the time here our brightly colored foods are in the form of fruits and veggies, but every once in a while, what’s the harm in a few sprinkles??
I love icebox cakes. No bake cookies. No bake desserts in general. They’re just hard to do wrong, you know? There’s no overbaking or underbaking — just a few simple ingredients that are thrown together in different ways with different flavor combinations.
When I originally was planning to make this recipe, I thought I would simply mix some cake mix into whipped cream and add sprinkles. How else could you get that cake batter flavor?
But when I opened my door to my secret cake mix stash, I just couldn’t do it. My goal is to bring you more recipes with real ingredients (and really, I feel like I do that 98% of the time already), and I figured cake mix is easily made from scratch.
So I checked out some recipes, and really the only ingredients that I would add would be flour and sugar, since the leaveners are completely unnecessary in a no bake dessert. I decided to bump up the funfetti flavor with a good dose of vanilla, and added just a touch of flour for that cake mix flavor — it also helps to thicken the whipped cream. If you find that weird, it is so easily left out and will be just as delicious without.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
No Bake Funfetti Icebox Cake
- 10 large graham crackers
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Line an 8×8″ pan with half of the graham crackers, making one layer, not overlapping, breaking to fit if needed.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add the flour, sugar and vanilla and continue beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in sprinkles.
- Spread half of the whipped cream onto the graham crackers. Top with a second layer of graham crackers and spread with the remaining whipped cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight. Top with additional whipped cream and sprinkles if desired before serving.
- This cake can also be frozen completely and even served partly frozen!
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel