This Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup is loaded with vegetables and cheese tortellini! The perfect chicken soup for a chilly day — made in 30 minutes or less and freezer friendly!
I am a big soup lover, and now that fall is here I knew it was time to bust out my Instant Pot for another Instant Pot chicken soup recipe — this time Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup!
If you’ve been hanging around for a while, maybe you saw (and experienced!) this Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. It is loaded with healthy ingredients but still tastes rich and indulgent. It’s a family favorite!
This time, we’re mixing things up just a bit.
I swapped out my Ditalini pasta for some cheese tortellini and — ohmyword — I could eat this every day and not complain!
Mind you, I am a soup eater spring, summer, fall and winter, so maybe that’s not that surprising.
Cheese tortellini is one of those things we don’t buy often, so when we do it’s more of a treat. My self-control around cheese-stuffed pasta is little to none so when I do get my hands on some I really want to enjoy it!
If you prefer, you can definitely check out my original Instant Pot chicken soup recipe above, or simply swap out the pasta for one of your choosing.
Tips and tricks for Making Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup:
- Feel free to swap out the vegetables for some that your family prefers: mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, onions, zucchini, corn, peas — you can really add almost anything, you just have to keep cook time in mind. Things like broccoli and peas can’t really stand up to the high pressure of the pressure cooker so you will want to add those with the pasta at the end.
- When I made this recipe, I first cooked up an Instant Pot Whole Chicken, then used the bones to make a broth, and used that combined with leftover chicken (white and dark meat) to make my soup. It was unbelievable, and I highly recommend making your own broth when you can (though, let’s get real — we all know that’s not always going to happen!).
- If you don’t have cheese tortellini, you can definitely use regular pasta but remember that fresh pasta will cook quickest, so choose something very small or something fresh from the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
- I make my own Instant Pot bone broth, but don’t exactly follow a recipe. If you’re looking for a recipe, maybe check out this Instant Pot Bone Broth.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 2 cups cheese tortellini 1 250g package
- Add carrots, celery, broth, parsley, salt, thyme, garlic powder, and pepper to the Instant Pot (I use a 6 quart).
- Set to high pressure, Manual mode, for 3 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and start counting down.
- When cook time is over, release pressure gradually (use a towel to keep the steam off your hands, but keep your hand on the valve to slowly release the pressure. Be careful because soup can sputter).
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add the chicken and tortellini. Cook for 5 minutes or until tortellini reaches desired tenderness.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel