This Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Tart is made with an easy granola crust, filled with a creamy skyr yogurt filling, and topped with fresh fruit. It’s perfect for breakfast or a sweet and nutritious treat!
Table of Contents
Today I’m sharing something extra special with you! I’m partnering with siggi’s Yogurt as part of the first #MySiggisChallenge!
Across Canada creator’s and dieticians are competing to come up with a unique way to showcase siggi’s Yogurt — and this Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Tart is my creation.
It’s no secret we love cheesecake, but we also love fueling our bodies with nourishing foods.
This Breakfast Tart is a fun breakfast or brunch made with good-for-you ingredients, like whole grain oats, pure maple syrup, fresh berries and siggi’s Icelandic Skyr Yogurt.
It has the perfect balance of whole grains, calcium and protein from the yogurt, and all the good things that come with those fresh summer berries. It’s also beautiful and fun to put together, which makes it perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch!
As a mom of 3 girls, 8 and under, I love finding those products that stick to simple ingredients that I feel good about bringing home to them.
siggi’s is made with 100% real ingredients and real fruit, not flavoring.
It has less sugar and more protein than most yogurts you’ll find on the shelf, plus it’s made with Canadian dairy, which is so important to us living in a rural community!
It is really the star of the show in this breakfast tart, giving it a rich and creamy filling that my family loves!
Skyr yogurt and Greek yogurt are similar, but Skyr yogurt originates in Iceland and is even thicker and denser than Greek yogurt.
Although you can enjoy Skyr and Greek yogurts in the same way, Skyr yogurt has more protein and is actually naturally fat free, unless cream is added during production.
Skyr yogurt is a healthy addition to your day, and we enjoy it on its own, as well as in smoothies and a healthy swap for fats in baking.
- You can swap the maple syrup in the granola base for honey, if you prefer.
- You can leave out the coconut in the base and add additional oats, or finely chopped almonds.
- Try this Breakfast Tart with any flavor of siggi’s yogurt — the Cherry and Blueberry would also be delicious!
- Serve this breakfast tart with whatever fruit is in season — sliced bananas, chopped kiwi or grapes, and any kind of berries are great on here! You can also add a drizzle of honey, peanut butter, or other nut butter when serving if you desire.
- 30+ Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Strawberry Smoothie recipe
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Greek Yogurt Lemon Bundt Cake
*This post has been generously sponsored by siggi’s yogurt and I was compensated for my time in creating this recipe. Head over to siggis.ca for more creative ways to add siggi’s skyr yogurt to your day!
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water (or other clear liquid, like fruit juice)
- 1 package unflavored gelatin (7g)
- 500 grams siggi's Skyr Yogurt any flavor
- fresh fruit and berries, liquid honey, peanut butter, or others as desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 6" springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, coconut, syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, until dry and light golden brown.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add water to a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over top. Let sit a couple of minutes.
- Pour yogurt into a medium bowl.
- Microwave water with gelatin for 15-20 seconds on high, stirring until dissolved. If necessary, microwave another 15-20 seconds until gelatin dissolves.
- Whisk gelatin into the yogurt until it is evenly incorporated. Spread into cooled crust and smooth the top.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until set.
- Serve with fresh fruit and other toppings as desired.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel