This easy Key Lime Cheesecake is a simple, no bake dessert that is perfect for Spring! It’s sweet, tangy, creamy and so luscious! Made with fresh lime juice and zest.
Spring is in the air, and we’re trading our bowls of soup for lighter, fresher eats and treats, including this no bake Key Lime Cheesecake!
No bake cheesecakes are one of my all time favorite desserts (don’t believe me? Check out my epic list of no bake cheesecake recipes over here), because they’re simple to prepare and not as heavy as a baked cheesecake (although you won’t see me turn down cheesecake of any kind!).
Since I’ve been getting older (it’s inevitable, I guess), my tastes have changed.
I don’t know that I was prepared for it!
I used to have a major sweet tooth, and I still do, but I can’t handle my sugar in quite as concentrated forms as I once could.
You might find me pass up a rich chocolate dessert in favor of something fruity, or opt for a simple cookie instead of a large piece of cake with all the frosting.
So tangy citrus desserts?
This is my thang.
With Easter around the corner, light, fresh and fruity desserts are the perfect treat!
This one has just a few ingredients and no oven required 😉
How to make Key Lime Cheesecake:
- Start with the crust — I use a simple, no bake graham cracker crust. It’s not too sweet and stays together well thanks to a good amount of glue (i.e. butter).
- Mix up the filling: start with room temperature cream cheese, and beat it first by itself to prevent any lumps.
- Add the sugar, lime juice and zest and beat it until smooth.
- Add the whipping cream (30-35% and cold) and go to town! Beat it on high until it is super thick and fluffy. This can take a few minutes!
How to make this Key Lime Cheesecake ahead:
This is a great dessert for making 1-2 days ahead. Simple cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before serving (any longer than this, and the crust may begin to become soggy).
You can also freeze this recipe, but if you plan to freeze it I recommend eating it at partially frozen. As it thaws completely, the filling can release additional moisture which can make for a soggy crust.
More no bake cheesecake recipes:
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- No Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
- No Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Square Cheesecake
- Real Deal No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Easy Key Lime Cheesecake
- 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs (390g)
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3 packages cream cheese room temperature (24oz/750g)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (263g)
- 1/3 cup key lime or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime or lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream cold
- Combine graham crumbs and butter and press firmly into the bottom of an 8" or 9" springform pan and about 1" up the sides.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add sugar, lime juice, lime zest and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add cream and beat on low until incorporated, then beat on high until thickened and fluffy (don't stop until you have stiff peaks!).
- Spread into prepared pan, cover and refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours or until firm. Slice and serve with sweetened whipped cream as desired.